Wiki Posts
Search

PE on VS and what to expect

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
PE on VS and what to expect

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting in the VS forum as I normally stick to the DL threads. However, I have a mileage run coming up next month with VS in PE LAX-LHR-JNB-LHR-LAX. This will also be my first time flying VS. I've been checking up on reviews of VS' PE product and pretty much everything I've read so far has been positive. So I thought I would come to the VS FlyerTalk forum for confirmation from those of you who regularly fly VS (especially in PE). I'm a Diamond with DL so I'm not sure if that's worth anything already being booked in PE. I've read those in Upper Class and PE get access to the VS Clubhouses, correct? I hope that's true as I've heard, seen, and read a lot of good things about the LHR one.

When it comes to seats I have selected aisle seats on all 4 of my flights. While I enjoy a window seat, being able to get up at my leisure without bothering someone is nice too. Would anyone recommend a window seat as there is enough room to move past someone in the event I need to get up? Even though I prefer an aisle a small part of me wants to sit at the window. Oh by the way this will be the first time I'll be flying on 787's! Super excited about that! Getting back to the PE seats, would you regulars who also fly DL here in the states compare the VS PE seats to DL domestic First Class seats but with more recline and a foot rest? Just trying to get an idea of comfort, seat pitch, and width.

When it comes to checked baggage would I be allowed to check golf clubs for free, as long as they are under the 23kg weight limit?

If anyone else has any comments, suggestions, or any other information to make my trip more enjoyable please let me know! I'm very excited and looking forward to my first VS experience! Thank you in advance!

OPS
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Do your best to get a bulkhead seat. They have extra legroom and nobody reclining into you.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: SAA Voyager, VAA Flying Club, IHG
Hope you'll have a great time here in South Africa.

The video on Virgin Atlantic's website gives you a pretty good idea of the seat - as it is set on a 787. It's pretty good - but not sure if on par of Delta First Class seat in terms of padding ect.. If your collect FC Miles, consider adding Miles Booster to your flight when a promotion is running; you can normally get a good idea.

Hope your trip is good. Remember you can bring two bags - and with our great exchange rate, I'm sure you'll find some awesome deals in our malls (make sure you pay in Rand).
mattya9 and trooper like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:25 am

You don't get access to the lounges in PE, only Upper.
I would say there isn't enough room to comfortably squeeze past someone if you're in a window seat.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Do your best to get a bulkhead seat. They have extra legroom and nobody reclining into you.
Personally, I don't like bulkhead seats, but everyone has their own preferences.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:36 am

My preference for seats is the last row so I can recline fully without worrying about someone behind me.

I also go for aisle seats, you can’t get out of the window seat without disturbing your neighbour.

I really like the wonder wall on the 787, they had some nice snacks when I flew to DEL.
MarkP24 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.