Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades PE to UC LAX to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Upgrades PE to UC LAX to LHR

Flying in several months from LAX to LHR in PE. 2 ;people. First question does anyone have an idea how good the odds are of being able to purchase an upgrade to UC at check in (cash) , and 2. if so at what amount? Thanks !!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
not very good im afraid. This flight regularly sells out in UC by day of departure. If any UC seats remain, the number is likely very low, and they coud be eld for last minute walkup fares rather than discounted upgrades.

If by some miracle there are day-of-departure upgrades available, id quote PE to UC cash upgrades at $650-$950 per person, as this is one of their longest routes.

best of luck please report back!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your help. I will let you know if anything changes
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:39 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I'm flying that on Weds so I'll see if I can find anything out....can't wait to get back to the LAX Virgin lounge!!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Please let me know as I am curious
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
My most two recent experiences were being offered an upgrade at the airport for $1400 and on a different occasion scoring the upgrade by having a winning bid on the online auction. The LAX-LHR routes always go out full so odds are slim (though not impossible) for a day of upgrade at the airport but it will usually be expensive. You might want to try the auction. I put a bid in at the low end ($1000) and was surprised that it was accepted for my flight in February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.