Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New VAA UK credit cards released!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:06 am

Shame they didn't tell you that at first !
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:57 am

The problem I have with this card is that there’s is no progress bar to track your 10K spend to get the voucher. I’ve spent just over the 10k, I contacted them and they said I should get an email. Didn’t sound they knew what they were talking about.
finchy168 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Lloydcov
The problem I have with this card is that there’s is no progress bar to track your 10K spend to get the voucher. I’ve spent just over the 10k, I contacted them and they said I should get an email. Didn’t sound they knew what they were talking about.
I wouldn't count on it. I've spent well over £10k and I've never received an email.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Theirin
I wouldn't count on it. I've spent well over £10k and I've never received an email.
Thats what I figured
So you got the voucher? what you done? Called them?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:38 pm

Thats what I figured
So you got the voucher? what you done? Called them?
Haven't gotten the voucher either - I haven't had a use for it yet, and quite honestly given the track record I dread the stress of having to get in touch with them over it until I need to!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:03 pm
Original Member

No email or letter, the voucher appears in your flying club account transactions as “virgin Atlantic reward+ credit card reward qualification” a day or so after your statement.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:09 pm

Checking back through my account activity I have received it, although it appears to have appeared retroactively because it wasn't there on the date listed in account activity. I've noticed these retroactive activity changes a few times.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
like many of the initial customers had my email today warning me that the fee was due.

I won't be renewing as the voucher is worthless to anyone who does not fly Y.

Have been astounded by the shabby customer service I have received at the hands of their agent who refused to close the account with transactions pending and refused to take a payment to cover them. I have to call back and if I am late the fee will be applied and will not be refunded in full or in part.

My god they have made BA/Amex look positively fluffy!

I wasn't after a waiver of the fee as I was going to churn but though it might be offered given the amount put through this last year. I needn't have worried I was told they don't have a retention team.

Would be interested in know if anyone has had the fee waived and other peoples experience.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:41 am

That's my issue with the voucher as well - I don't like to fly Economy and I mostly fly alone, so the value is limited. Maybe if I fly Premium some time I'll use the Clubhouse voucher, but I think it's only a single use, which seems appalling value. Access on both legs of a round trip would make it a bit more enticing.

If I pay the fee for the second year it'll only be for the miles earning on a non-Amex card.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The customer service folk do seem to try, it is just that they are not empowered to actually DO anything.
As a regular credit card, it is expensive. As an airmiles card, it is an incompetent organisation.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:54 pm

The only redeeming feature is the miles earning rate for a non-Amex card. That and I have to admit it's a nice looking card.
Old May 5, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
Quick question - and i assume it will be a no...

Is the upgrade voucher only available on VS Metal? basically, im guessing you cant use the voucher for a DL operated flight for example, as the miles prices are different (both tax and miles needed) is different for a VS and DL flight...
Old May 5, 2019, 6:06 pm

I actually received the email now - twice - and 5 months after the voucher appeared in my account.

Originally Posted by ajws_83

Is the upgrade voucher only available on VS Metal? basically, im guessing you cant use the voucher for a DL operated flight for example, as the miles prices are different (both tax and miles needed) is different for a VS and DL flight...
I would think not, but then I didn't expect to be able to use Miles Booster on an NH First redemption either, so you never know. It couldn't hurt to call and as, especially given the special relationship with Delta.

Last edited by Theirin; May 5, 2019 at 6:08 pm Reason: Added in a second quote/reply
Old May 27, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I used my voucher last year for travel next week which I no longer need. My voucher expired in Feb so if I cancel the ticket will the voucher vanish or is there a way to use it by making a booking straightaway?
Old May 31, 2019, 3:47 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by ajws_83

i phoned virgin as I wanted to know the same. Unfortunately it can only be VS metal .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.