Search

New website - miles expiry?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
New website - miles expiry?

Hello all,

I have a fair number of VS miles in my account. I prefer the VS product, but sadly I now fly BA as it makes more sense with their route network. I know, I know.

Anyway, I've kept my miles in my VS account for a rainy day and I usually take a Virgin train here or there to keep the account active. However, with the new website I can't seem to locate a miles expiry date like I could on the old site and I'm now worried they're going to disappear sometime this year as I can't remember if they're meant to expire in 2017 or 2018 last time I checked.

Does anyone know where the miles expiry date is shown on the new site?

Cheers,
-Matt
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
When looking around my VS account, I see this in numerous places:

Your mileage expiry date will appear within the account information on your Flying Club email communications.
Of course you can just check out your activity and add 3 years to the date of the last transaction.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
it's awful the new website to find / do anything!

But within your account there is a bit that says 'recent activity' (which for me says August!) there is an option for more detail so click on that.

basically your miles will expire 3years aftrr the last date.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
Yeah, I don't see anything like that. Probably because I have no recent activity...

Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
use the custom date setting !
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Actually AW isn't tracking expiry dates at the moment. It appears to, but has a tiny note saying that it's just guessing...
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:47 am

I had the same issue. When I emailed them they replied (with my expiry date) saying they know there is a fault with the site (one of many IMO) and are working to fix it.

I guess someone forgot to put that code in and now it is proving difficult to fix.

"welcome to our new site, like what we have done with the place?" No you have ruined it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.