Community
Wiki Posts
Search

789 PE best legroom

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Question 789 PE best legroom

Hello seat experts: I will be flying LAX -LHR in Premium Economy and was looking for opinions on best seats for someone 6'6". I flew Virgin PE almost 10 years ago and thought legroom wasn't' the advertised 38". It seemed liked 33 or 34. I recently flew BA wt+ and was very comfortable leg room wise. However, BA is almost $1000 more this time so I want to have another try with Virgin. Thanks, Drgb
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Cannot help with 789.
However I have travelled on 343 and 346 a few years back and found the PE legroom was fine when seat in front upright, but as soon as that reclined it reduced leg (knee) room by around 4 inches. This was due to seat being hinged well below knee level. British Airways PE, both old and new versions doesn't have the knee room reduced when seat in front reclines as it's hinged at knee level.
May be the Virgin seats have been redesigned since, I would be interested to hear if things have improved as I plan to try Virgin PE again soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.