Wiki Posts
Search

Paternity Benefit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Gold, Hilton Diamond, Scandic 3rd Floor, MAS Gold
Paternity Benefit

My wife and I are having a child in about a month. I see mention of the maternity/paternity benefit for Au members but don't see explicitly the details. Can anyone provide a link or describe? Much appreciated?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by RRIndy
My wife and I are having a child in about a month. I see mention of the maternity/paternity benefit for Au members but don't see explicitly the details. Can anyone provide a link or describe? Much appreciated?
I've never heard of this, can you provide more information about where you see this?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
The only maternity benefit I am aware of isn't really a benefit per se. I remember reading some time ago that there you some sort of arrangement with VS to 'suspend' your re-qualification for Ag and Au levels for a while you are on maternity leave. Giving you extra time to re-qualify after taking a break from flying.

As Slinky says - could you be more specific about the mention you have seen, please?

Nick
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It's listed on the Gold Benefit on the VS website.

Maternity and Paternity benefits:
Simply email Flying Club to apply. Please note that in order to extend membership, we require a hospital letter, newborn birth certificate or personal hospital booklet.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Gold, Hilton Diamond, Scandic 3rd Floor, MAS Gold
I'll call and find out the specifics and post for the group. I was hoping someone else had already taken advantage and could post some further details.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: not a lot
I took advantage of this - basically what happened was that the amount of TP's required to requalify for Gold were added to my account so that I retained gold for another full membership year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.