Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR hotel and meet up point with teenage son

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rapariga
I would recommend the Yotel in Heathrow Terminal 4. You can book it by the hour - I believe there is a minimum, though. Aside from the convenience of the location, the Yotel cabins are just plain fun! Take a look:

http://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/london-heathrow-airport
Yeah. I did think those were cool. Ultimately I think I will use points at the Hilton so it's a freebie.

UPDATE re entry. I decided to stay in Nice where I was going to be before Paris. Friend is coming down to Nice instead of me going up. Definitely flying now. Will hop on the BA nonstop at 6:30 or 7:30 pm NCE-LHR. There is a later one that I can catch if any problems with earlier flight.

I'm so excited about my trip. 3 weeks in UK with the fam, 1 week in Aix with son, 1 week in Nice with 2 best college buds. Could not ask for a better summer.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm so excited about my trip. 3 weeks in UK with the fam, 1 week in Aix with son, 1 week in Nice with 2 best college buds. Could not ask for a better summer.
Sounds great! Will you be able to go to the Festival in Aix?

For future reference, the Yotel rates for the standard (smallest) cabin is about £9, with an 8 hour minimum at night, 4 hour minimum during day hours.
Old May 29, 2016, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Sounds great! Will you be able to go to the Festival in Aix?

For future reference, the Yotel rates for the standard (smallest) cabin is about £9, with an 8 hour minimum at night, 4 hour minimum during day hours.
Sadly I will miss the festival, arriving July 27.

The Yotel is airside, isn't it?
Old May 29, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Sadly I will miss the festival, arriving July 27. The Yotel is airside, isn't it?
No, Yotel is definitely landside. Entrance is on the T4 Arrivals level. If they put it airside, a majority of prospective customers wouldn't be able to reach it.

For the Aix festival, if you are in Europe, and if your hotel or apartment has the Arte satellite TV channel, you can watch some live relays direct from the festival.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
No, Yotel is definitely landside. Entrance is on the T4 Arrivals level. If they put it airside, a majority of prospective customers wouldn't be able to reach it.

For the Aix festival, if you are in Europe, and if your hotel or apartment has the Arte satellite TV channel, you can watch some live relays direct from the festival.
Good to know. On both counts. Thanks!
Old May 30, 2016, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Inbound from Nice will be T5. Do any of you know if I can use T5 or T4 priority pass lounge on arrival?
Old May 31, 2016, 11:42 am

No, the Yotel is landside.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:46 am
Original Poster

I'm keen on the Hilton T4. I arrive at T5. Is there any alternative to getting to Hilton besides the Hoppa bus? Everything I google says Hoppa. I'm happy to go T4 and then walk but not sure how to do that.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I'm keen on the Hilton T4. I arrive at T5. Is there any alternative to getting to Hilton besides the Hoppa bus? Everything I google says Hoppa. I'm happy to go T4 and then walk but not sure how to do that.
Will you have checked bags? If not, then upon arrival at T5 follow the signs for Flight Connections and take the airside bus to T4 and clear UK immigration at T4. At T4, there is a covered walkway to the Hilton
Old May 31, 2016, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
Will you have checked bags? If not, then upon arrival at T5 follow the signs for Flight Connections and take the airside bus to T4 and clear UK immigration at T4. At T4, there is a covered walkway to the Hilton
No checked bags. Great! Thanks.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
Alternate to this is to clear immigration and customs in T5, then take two six-minute train shuttles:

1, From T5 arrivals take free Heathrow Express shuttle train to Heathrow Central Station

2. Walk across to the other platform (very short walk, the station only has two platforms).

3. -Take the free Heathrow Express shuttle train from the station to T4. At T4, exit train and walk 6 minutes via a covered walkway to the hotel.

These two methods probably take about the same amount of time. Pick your poison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.