Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

BA Status Match?

I am BA Gold and wanted to know if I can get status match to Flying Club Gold? If so, is it better call or something on their website? My apologies if this is a redundant or obvious question, I'm a novice on FC Forum.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by DLDFW
I am BA Gold and wanted to know if I can get status match to Flying Club Gold? If so, is it better call or something on their website? My apologies if this is a redundant or obvious question, I'm a novice on FC Forum.
The current offer is if you fly on a little red domestic sector from Heathrow to Manchester, Aberdeen or Edinburgh they offer a status match onboard.

However, you could try calling and asking Flying Club and try your luck that way.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks

I live in USA so that would be out of question, I'll call them and thanks again!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by ANstar
The current offer is if you fly on a little red domestic sector from Heathrow to Manchester, Aberdeen or Edinburgh they offer a status match onboard.

However, you could try calling and asking Flying Club and try your luck that way.
Got my status match processed at the start of the month so I am now FC Gold.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by ANstar

Is there any more info about this? I'd assume it would work in the other direction also? If a sure thing, I would book a one way solely for the status match. When I reached out to VS directly a few months ago, I was advised I had to have at least one revenue booked UC flight currently booked for a match.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
At this time, Little Red announce priority boarding for VS and BA Gold and Silvers, and announce that they will status match BA Gold and Silver members on board departing regional and LHR flights.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Peter M
At this time, Little Red announce priority boarding for VS and BA Gold and Silvers, and announce that they will status match BA Gold and Silver members on board departing regional and LHR flights.
Is this really the case? I'm surprised not more has been said. I'd be booking a leg on little red solely for this match, so would want to be confident it's actively offered on all flights. Seems odd they would offer priority boarding to BA elites.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Peter M
At this time, Little Red announce priority boarding for VS and BA Gold and Silvers
I took 16 VS Little red flights from MAN-LHR-MAN last month, didn't hear this once. VS/Delta Gold + Upper class connections, then row numbers.

On some ex-LLHR flights PE connections were also asked for.

and announce that they will status match BA Gold and Silver members on board departing regional and LHR flights.
About 80% of the flights above had the announcement, I suspect if you ask they'd fill in the form. They took my BA number off the card and wrote it onto the form at the time.

My VS Gold card was applied for on board on morning of Mar 3rd, had 10,001 bonus miles added to it on April 3rd, and arrived in the post today.

Just added those 16 flights throughout March, which seem to have netted 1500 miles each, so I should have 24,000 miles and 16tp. Totals haven't updated yet though, but the flights are on my statement.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
When is this till ? I won't get back to UK till May to try on this...

Last time, all I got was a challenge and not a match.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:20 am

Took a Little Red sector last week, the 'status match' offer was announced by the pilot, asked the cabin crew for a form to which they advised it needed to be handed back to ground crew. The form also indicated it was for new FC sign up's only although I stuck my FC# on it also, only being red. Handed the form back to ground staff at T1 who look bewildered and said it should have been headed back to the cabin crew. Left it with them anyway, hopefully something will come of it. No mention of 10k VS
Old May 5, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
Status match offer for BA golds & silver is still being announced on board, at least on my VS LHRABZ sector on 1st May.

The priority boarding announcement only mentioned VS & DL status pax (and families with infants, etc.)
Old May 5, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by beardedgeologist
Status match offer for BA golds & silver is still being announced on board, at least on my VS LHRABZ sector on 1st May.

The priority boarding announcement only mentioned VS & DL status pax (and families with infants, etc.)
I've emailed both Flying Club & Customer Relations with my Little Red & BA Gold details, hopefully it will be figured out now.
Old May 7, 2014, 1:46 pm

Success, finally. Virgin contacted me today to apologise and awarded the status match / 10k VS.

Question; Do Gold members still receive some HEX upgrades? I remember being given some a few years back by a then FC Gold.
Old May 7, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The HEX upgrade vouchers were enhanced away a couple of years ago.
Old May 8, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Hello all,

I'm thinking of making a trip on Sunday, just to get a status match to Gold from Red from my BA Gold Card.

Is it offered proactively? Do you have to request it?

How long does it take to match? Days, weeks?

Did I read correctly that there's a 10K points bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.