Wiki Posts
Search

New York - London - Mumbai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
New York - London - Mumbai

Where the online system forces you to book this as two one ways, I wonder, is there a way to force this construction as a single ticket - with associated lower taxes / miles?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
You'll have to telephone VS to do that.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:31 am

Or Expedia - same cost but avoid payment fees, get some Quidco, get some Nectar points (if UK based) - I use them more than the BA or Virgin websites themselves...
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:37 am
Original Poster

rewards redemption

Originally Posted by cazoz
Or Expedia - same cost but avoid payment fees, get some Quidco, get some Nectar points (if UK based) - I use them more than the BA or Virgin websites themselves...
Thanks for your contribution, but this is a redemption booking, sorry if I was unclear.

It just seems odd that the system permits New York ( London ) Dubai,
but not India
Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Oscenity NYC <LHR> BOM

It would seem to be the case

Upper Class 180,000 USD 1670.00 Taxes + surcharge

So when I choose to redeem on Virgin metal, with no choice to travel via London to make a connection, the associated mileage and HUGE add on fees look like some sort of record. Does anybody else agree that this is obscene?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, HON, EK Gold
Of course it's not obscene!

Obscene; adj
1. Offensive or disgusting by accepted standards of morality and decency.
2.Offensive to moral principles; repugnant.

As I have not been offended in any way by this figure I would not agree it is obscene.

It may be more than you expected but obscene is a bit strong.

I recommend never flying with them again
Old Nov 22, 2012, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maigret
Of course it's not obscene!

Obscene; adj
1. Offensive or disgusting by accepted standards of morality and decency.
2.Offensive to moral principles; repugnant.

As I have not been offended in any way by this figure I would not agree it is obscene.

It may be more than you expected but obscene is a bit strong.

I recommend never flying with them again
Your definition does seem to catch it, it is hard not to imagine how this will be viewed as anything other than repugnant by FT members.

Unfortunately your suggestion not to fly with them again is hardly constructive. Perhaps a better way forward would be for the airline to seam the routing to reflect that it is a comprehensive whole ticket, rather than two separate ones. This would be a service to loyal members, and what is Virgin Atlantic supposed to represent other than highest levels of service.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:08 pm

Virgin redeemption

Perhaps an email or suggestion to VS service center?

In the last 10 years, with half a million miles, I have yet to figure out a sensible redemption from VS. (closest I have come to using it, was for domestic US travel on Virgin America or US Air)

BA is equally bad but they make it up by allowing last minute low fee redemption for short-haul flights within europe to tack on a quick gateway at the end of the business trip.

(and yes in FT lingo, obscene is not inappropriate IMHO)

Last edited by desi; Nov 25, 2012 at 11:09 pm Reason: s
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by desi
Perhaps an email or suggestion to VS service center?

In the last 10 years, with half a million miles, I have yet to figure out a sensible redemption from VS. (closest I have come to using it, was for domestic US travel on Virgin America or US Air)

BA is equally bad but they make it up by allowing last minute low fee redemption for short-haul flights within europe to tack on a quick gateway at the end of the business trip.

(and yes in FT lingo, obscene is not inappropriate IMHO)
I am not quite sure what sort of response one person's email to VS service centre asking them to stop profiteering. On second thoughts, perhaps I can guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.