Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chosen seat changed at online check in

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Post Chosen seat changed at online check in

Recently flew LHR-JFK return - my first ever VS flight having switched from BA.

I used the online seat picker to take window seat behind the wing so I got a decent view, and according to seat guru, a respectable amount of legroom (I'm 6'3"). I checked in online and printed my boarding pass, and it wasn't until I got on board that I realised the seat on my pass wasn't the one I had picked. Instead of my comfy window seat, I was in the second from last row in the middle seat of the middle seat block, cramped in and with not much to look at once the seat in front had fully reclined such that my entertainment screen was beyond the vertical viewing angle.

Is such stealthy seat swapping normal for VS? I've never experienced that on BA in many years of flying with them.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:57 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Wouldn't say it is normal, but the changing of pre-requested seats often happens - sometimes so that families can sit together, sometimes for operational reasons and sometimes just because they can.

I don't think VS are alone with this, from what I have read on the BA boards, their phantom seat shifters are just as active as the VS ones.

ALWAYS double check your boarding pass.

Nick
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
The right to change your seat is hidden in the small print somewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.