Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

I can find flights at Virgin-Atlantic.com, but I can book??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I can find flights at Virgin-Atlantic.com, but I can book??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
I can find flights at Virgin-Atlantic.com, but I can't book??

I am trying to use Virgin to go from the NYC area to NRT.

(The reason I want their flights is so that I can take a late Sat night flight and be in NRT by Monday Morning, but that does not seem to make a difference).

I search for flights and I find nice flight times and good prices. But when I click to book it tells me that the flight is no longer available and I should try again.

I been having this problem for a few weeks and I tried all sorts of flight dates and times with no luck.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Last edited by travellerK; Jul 30, 2012 at 1:16 pm
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:22 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Virgin's online booking systems have an embarrassing number of bugs - seemingly a lot of them manifest themselves when booking multi-leg trips.

I don't know if your problems are caused by their pitiful IT, or if there is another explanation, but my advice would be to ring their reservations line. If you are in the US you have the advantage of a 1-800 toll free number.

If you get a poor quality agent who doesn't seem competent to book complicated itineraries - hang up and try again. There are some VERY good people at Virgin but, sadly, there are some who are... shall we say politely - not so good.

Nick
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Just hang up and try again...

Yesterday I was on the phone inquiring about the availability of the using miles to upgrade a PE "S" fare to US, she took forever and at the end she said, "That will be 1920 pounds to upgrade the ticket to Upper Class".

Ugh...

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Virgin's online booking systems have an embarrassing number of bugs - seemingly a lot of them manifest themselves when booking multi-leg trips.

I don't know if your problems are caused by their pitiful IT, or if there is another explanation, but my advice would be to ring their reservations line. If you are in the US you have the advantage of a 1-800 toll free number.

If you get a poor quality agent who doesn't seem competent to book complicated itineraries - hang up and try again. There are some VERY good people at Virgin but, sadly, there are some who are... shall we say politely - not so good.

Nick
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by backdoc
Yesterday I was on the phone inquiring about the availability of the using miles to upgrade a PE "S" fare to US, she took forever and at the end she said, "That will be 1920 pounds to upgrade the ticket to Upper Class".

Ugh...
Ensure that if you're talking about UC to ring the gold or premier line numbers.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I always do.

I love it when they say... "How can I help?"

Originally Posted by slinky09
Ensure that if you're talking about UC to ring the gold or premier line numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.