Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner in UC?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
What's for dinner in UC?

My first ever post in this forum (I think) and it's in relation to my first ever VS flight, so please be gentle..

I managed to score a fairly decent Z fare MEL-LHR return for a couple weeks from now, so I'm keen to find out what I can about flying VS and taking best advantage of flying UC. I think I've got the lounge thing worked out and I've noted the need to check in online if I actually want my seat selection to stick (though the jury is still out as to whether I'll be able to get OLCI to work, given it was booked through an agent) .. however here's were I come to the experts to ask for advice:

• Do vegetarian options feature as standard on the UC menu? I'm fine with eggs and dairy, just not meat. The VS website is rather vague, and I don't want to book a SPML if I don't have to..
  • Should I be concerned that I can't bring up my booking on the VS site - or is that normal for bookings completed through an agent? I have the eticket already, so I'm relatively confident the booking has been made correctly - but I thought I'd ask here ahead of calling.
  • Are there recommended seats in UC on the 346? I've gone to Seat Guru (of course, taking their advice with a very large grain of salt..), but wanted to know if people here had better advice.

Finally - are there any good FAQs or websites I should look at? I couldn't find a FAQ thread or anything in the sticky thread that seemed to be relevant.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:49 pm
Ambassador

There is always a vegetarian option for the starter and a vegetarian option for the main course.

I'd go for anything around 4-7K if it's available because you are further from the bar and face a wall rather than another passenger (which I don't find to be a problem but some people do).

If you want more information, you could try looking at v-flyer.com
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:52 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Go to v-flyer.com and check out the trip reports.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:54 am
Original Poster

BA304, slinky09: thanks for your advice! I've gone and read some of the trip reports; looks like this is a fairly highly rated route
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by notzac
  • Do vegetarian options feature as standard on the UC menu? I'm fine with eggs and dairy, just not meat. The VS website is rather vague, and I don't want to book a SPML if I don't have to..
  • Should I be concerned that I can't bring up my booking on the VS site - or is that normal for bookings completed through an agent? I have the eticket already, so I'm relatively confident the booking has been made correctly - but I thought I'd ask here ahead of calling.
  • Are there recommended seats in UC on the 346? I've gone to Seat Guru (of course, taking their advice with a very large grain of salt..), but wanted to know if people here had better advice.
Hi there, I posted trip reports on v-flyer recently for the HKG sectors of your journey (I assume you are flying via SYD). The menus I mentioned should still be in play.

Your questions:
1. Yes there is normally a veg starter and main.
2. This would bother me as I think you should be able to view your booking. Are you absolutely positive you have a VS PNR?
3. Low K numbers or higher A numbers are recommended for privacy. The bar is either an attraction or not -- probably not on the long night sectors.

Have a good flight.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by at240
This would bother me as I think you should be able to view your booking. Are you absolutely positive you have a VS PNR?
Yes - I called VS an hour or so ago, and they confirmed that the PNR is live - but because of how the TA booked it, it confuses the VS web systems and won't come up. I can only assume that this will prevent online check in .. hopefully this doesn't cause me any trouble.

Is the November system change for VS I've been reading about likely going to improve the functionality on their website? I sure hope so :|

3. Low K numbers or higher A numbers are recommended for privacy. The bar is either an attraction or not -- probably not on the long night sectors.
Noted I've chosen 10A for the flight over and 6K for the flight back.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:24 pm

we had 10a,11a,12a and the seats were private i would reccomend them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.