Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding authorised user to account

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Adding authorised user to account

Hello I'm new to this forum and just wanted to ask a question about adding an authorised user to a Flying Club account. I have already done a search on the forum and cannot seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

My Friend has some miles which he longer has any use for and they are about to expire in a couple of weeks. I see from the Flying club FAQ's that the only way he can book a ticket for me is if he adds me as an authorised user on his account. What I wanted to ask was,

1. How long does it take to add me as an authorised user? Is it immediately after the phonecall to flying club?

2. Are there any other conditions to add me onto the account? i.e. do I have to be a family member or do I have to reside at the same address?

Many thanks in advance.

Old May 27, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
If your friend is willing to spend his miles on you there is nothing to stop him doing it right now. You can use miles for redemptions for any person, you do not need to authorise them.
Old May 27, 2012, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slinky09
If your friend is willing to spend his miles on you there is nothing to stop him doing it right now. You can use miles for redemptions for any person, you do not need to authorise them.
Thank you for your prompt reply. I just want some clarification, when I registered with flying club and did a dummy booking to check availability, I got to the screen where it shows flight times and taxes and fees. I cannot go any further as I do not have any miles of my own. Can you definitely change/input the name on the ticket on the passenger details step which is 2 steps away on the booking process?

Old May 27, 2012, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by thedude88
Can you definitely change/input the name on the ticket on the passenger details step which is 2 steps away on the booking process?

Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.