Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

No seat assignments for flights after Nov 1 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)

I have 2 Upper Class flights in November 2012 and according to website and telephone rep, advance seat assignments are not currently possible due to change to the seat request process. http://virginatlantic.custhelp.com/a...detail/a_id/74
This means that I have to check the website regularly.
Does anyone have any additional info ?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
VS do have sone further FAQs on this but there is no secret info as to when exactly the seat requst functions will be back - other than definitly when OLCI opens.

Personally I wouldn't bother checking the website until much closer to November.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
VS do have sone further FAQs on this but there is no secret info as to when exactly the seat requst functions will be back - other than definitly when OLCI opens.

Personally I wouldn't bother checking the website until much closer to November.
Although you might be correct, as Virgin's IT is beyond belief awful, I wouldn't run the risk of waiting as due to past experience of the disappearing seat map fiasco, they are likely just to fix it before November and not let anyone know. OTOH they are so dysfunctional that it might not even be fixed then.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I'm hoping that someone will post here when they allow seat assignments post Nov 1st...
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your best bet is likely to be v-flyer tbh.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Although you might be correct, as Virgin's IT is beyond belief awful, I wouldn't run the risk of waiting as due to past experience of the disappearing seat map fiasco, they are likely just to fix it before November and not let anyone know. OTOH they are so dysfunctional that it might not even be fixed then.
I think that's why they have stopped all requests to avoid another debacle.

It is not like VS have hidden this - they have been fully open about it.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
This thread shows why FT is so awesome! I just booked award tickets for November on VS yesterday and wasted 1/2 an hour trying to assign my seats without luck this morning - now I know why!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:15 am
Original Poster

I'm booked in November also. I hope I can get a seat assignment in advance so I can get some sleep.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PatMike
I'm booked in November also. I hope I can get a seat assignment in advance so I can get some sleep.
Yes, Virgin give a lot of people sleepless nights over this !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.