Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS Revivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:25 am
Original Poster

VS Revivals Lounge

Spinning off what I've been hearing in another thread, how is Virgin's Revivals Lounge at Heathrow?

I hear it is modest compared to the Clubhouse, but I see it has gotten pretty stellar reviews overall.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

It is pretty good.

Lots of showers and a spa room ( you can have a shave or other treatments- first come first served)

There are a number of hot dishes off the menu or the usual cold items ( cereal etc). Staff are very good.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
If you enter the Revivals Lounge wearing a suit, the staff will press your jacket for you upon request.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:04 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
Have a look here .

PS - Chauffer driven car only on qualifying fares, which are J and D from memory.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, VS Gold, BA Silver
Overall I think it's great, you get a shower room where there's a mirrored wardrobe. You place a suit and a shirt in there and press the housekeeping button and they'll be removed from the other side and pressed while you're having a shower. The food is fine too, a similar standard to the clubhouse with less choice. About half the times I've been I've been asked if I want a complimentary spa treatment so not sure if that's only if they aren't very busy or it's available all the time.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
When I used the Revivals lounge, the spa staff were eager to serve. The facial was great and it left me refreshed for my next flight. ^
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: virgin
its decent. nowhere as nice as the proper departures lounge, but happy to have it on an early a.m. arrival. get a nice brekkie and have a shower if you want.

Enjoy you life and your luxury ticket - take the extra 45mins and relax!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I've amended the thread title to read VS not VA...

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Virgin Flying Club (battling Virgin confusion everywhere )
Old Jun 21, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
I've always found it small, hot & stuffy, with not a lot of seating available.

There seems to be only one female & one male loo, other than the loos in the shower rooms. Which I'd consider to be pretty poor.

The menu is pretty good though & the food quite tasty ^

It's a nice facilty to have to retire to after a long overnight flight ^ But I was very disapointed with it when I first visited. I had expected something better from VS given the superb Clubhouses on the network & I thought it pretty poor when compared to BA's offerings at the time (T1 & T4)

Nowadays I certainly wouldn't consider it to be a patch on BA's arrivals facility over at T5
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
+1

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

It is pretty good.

Lots of showers and a spa room ( you can have a shave or other treatments- first come first served)

There are a number of hot dishes off the menu or the usual cold items ( cereal etc). Staff are very good.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: VS Gold
As a VS Gold, can I use the revivals lounge if I'm arriving in VS Y ?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:30 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Originally Posted by maxmin
As a VS Gold, can I use the revivals lounge if I'm arriving in VS Y ?
Yes, if you're on a VS-coded ticket you may use Revivals no matter which cabin you fly.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, SPG, IHC: Plat Ambasador
I was surprised the other day to find that when VS20 from SFO arrived that Revivials was already closed for the day.

It seems that the shift of the SFO route to later in the day had this unexpected effect.

When I enquired at the Departure desk about where I supposed to change, I was met with any icy cold reception including an explanation that "Revivials is designed for the business traveller." Um, excuse me Ms. Attitude, but that's exactly what I am.

With no assistance and no apology, I found out by myself that there are public hire showers in T4. I'd recommend against using them -- it's really not worth the trouble of going over there.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:36 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by alexr_ft
I was surprised the other day to find that when VS20 from SFO arrived that Revivials was already closed for the day.

It seems that the shift of the SFO route to later in the day had this unexpected effect.
You're not the only one upset by this, apparently VS has had a bunch of complaints about the same issue. Shame the customer service experience was so poor though ...
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:55 am

Programs: VS Gold
Will they be extending it? Surely SFO flight is not the latest arrival? I thought LAX had a later one ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.