Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US to S.Africa or Asia in UC ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2003, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
US to S.Africa or Asia in UC ?

I've never flown Virgin as they come nowhere near where I live. I noticed Delta is raising their redemption levels by some 40,000 points for an award from the US to either S.Africa or Asia in UC. So I've decided to try out VS but want to make sure I get the maximum time in their new suites. I'm planning on traveling in Mar'04 probably from SFO since they are supposed to have the suites there. Wouldn't mind going back to CPT but HKG or NRT would be fine too. Is there any difference as far as the Asia vs. S.Africa service? Which routes are more likely to feature the new suites? Thanks for your advice
Old Oct 11, 2003, 2:20 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
First up, no one has seen any evidence that _any_ suites are in service yet. However, I would expect that LHR-HKG/NRT will get them before LHR-CPT (which is still only a seasonal route and may not run during the end of March). LHR-CPT may also still be an A340-300 which is probably going to be phased out in favour of the -600s and therefore may well not get the suites at all.

BC
Old Oct 11, 2003, 6:08 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
blackcat,

there is a single plane i the suites - the second 346 to be delivered - you could see branson in it during the concorde program
Old Oct 11, 2003, 7:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jongar:
blackcat,

there is a single plane i the suites - the second 346 to be delivered - you could see branson in it during the concorde program
</font>
Is it in service yet? I thought VS were suggesting the first suites would be on 747s out of SFO/JFK... the 340-600 is rarely used on these routes.

BC
Old Oct 11, 2003, 12:21 pm

Blackcat, Apparantly LHR-CPT is no longer a seasonal route as of this year (as it has been) and VS will be flying year round from the end of this month. (Oct 2003)
Also the 600 will be assigned periodically depending on passenger loads.
Old Oct 11, 2003, 4:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by catch22:
Blackcat, Apparantly LHR-CPT is no longer a seasonal route as of this year (as it has been) and VS will be flying year round from the end of this month. (Oct 2003)
Also the 600 will be assigned periodically depending on passenger loads.
</font>
I was actually told this by VS last year (after three LHR-JNB flights in 3 weeks) and yet CPT was pulled soon after. VIrgin have no compunction about withdrawing routes if they see fit. However, the replacement of the A340-300 to JNB with a 747 is a welcome change. If only the LHR-CPT flight was overnight both ways...

BC
Old Jan 19, 2004, 4:52 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

Dumb a$$ question I know, but how many Virgin (not Delta) miles are now required for USA (West Coast) to Africa in Upper Class? RT.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 1:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:
how many Virgin (not Delta) miles are now required for USA (West Coast) to Africa in Upper Class? RT.</font>
180,000 according to the website.

80,000 across the pond and 100,000 down to the pointy end.

Phil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.