Wiki Posts
Search

Freebie Honeymoon help.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2003, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Freebie Honeymoon help.

As a first time Virgin Forum poster please can you help with your advice.

My partner and i won a £10,000 wedding live on air on our local radio station and it also appeared in the papers.

A FT'er suggested writing to companies to help with honeymoon (in return for publicity)which was'nt in the prize.

Hilton have offered accommodation and Virgin have asked to make them an offer!!

I know 14 nts at Necker or 2 RTW Upper Class tickets maybe a bit too much!!

Any serious suggestions.

I would love to do a RTW, which Flying Club offers for 300K. But it's not all on VS metal which i suppose Virgin will not want.

Cheers

Alan
Old Sep 17, 2003, 2:22 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Two PE tickets to the destination VS want to promot excluding Lagos and Basra - chances are you would be upgraded to J anyway
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Why not start with a pair of J seats on one of the less busy routes. Chances are if there is lots of capacity you might just get them. All publicity is good publicity and its something VS is VERY keen on ...
Old Sep 17, 2003, 4:40 am

How about suggesting two PE tickets to Orlando (or one of the Caribbean destinations)?

Definitely less busy (and less business travellers) - especially in UC.

If I was Richard Branson, I would definitely think "cheeky, but what the h*ll - its a quiet route, let's give them two UC tickets instead"...

Good luck. Sounds as though you are already doing well with the £10k wedding. A good start to a marriage - make the most of it and have a very happy and long marriage together

Let us know what Virgin do.

Boo

Old Sep 17, 2003, 7:44 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Hi Alan

How about VS (in PE or UC) to UVF with Hilton providing accomodation at the Jalousie Resort & Spa!
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Gaza.
Do you live on the FT boards!! You must still be between positions so to speak. But thanks for the tip anyway.

Will definately post the outcome from Virgin but going away on the hols this week so will let you know when we get back.

Cheers

Alan
Old Sep 19, 2003, 3:30 am

Ask for 2 UC to Cape Town as the route reopens late October. They'll like the publicity to promote the route for the Summer season.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Bad news in the mail on our return from the UAE.

It had went on to marketing who replied "we only give free seats to groups like children with cancer".

Must be the a lifetime first to turn down publicity in the papers!!

Will have to get typing to another airline!

Thanks for all your replies and hope to see a lot of you at the London Do.

Cheers

Alan
Old Oct 9, 2003, 5:42 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wudy15:
Must be the a lifetime first to turn down publicity in the papers!!
</font>
Unfortunately the bearded one probably gets quite enough publicity already (or too much, some would say!). Bad luck...

BC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.