Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Should I have received a UC IFT Priority card if not seen during the flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2003, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi

Last night I was originally booked in 73A in Premium Economy for VS22 IAD-LHR.
I arrived at check in at 3pm for a 7:15pm dep and was able to get the exit row ( 70A) for extra legroom. There was no problem with my locked Samsonite case nor with going through security.
While relaxing in the Clubhouse, I was asked to return to reception and once there I was told that I was being upgraded and given a window seat 2K.

The flight was practically full in UC/PE and looked very busy in Economy ( did not go back there).
The Inflight beauty therapist came round before take off and took our names with treatment requested and said that she would draw the names out of a hat.

Not surprisingly as UC was full I did not get serviced ( I do not think any of the Upper Deck passengers got seen to ).

It was only in the revivals lounge that I realised that unlike a previous flight, Priority cards for the IFT (In flight Therapy) were not handed out at the end of the flight.

Do you know if I should have received a card and should I mention this to VS?

This is a minor point and the rest of the flight was very good ( we were on board G-VWOW Cosmic Girl with the new Vport system- excellent )

Thanks
Regards

TBS
Old Jan 5, 2003, 2:57 pm

Programs: Various
Hi TBS,

Yes you should have got a IFT Priority card for your next flight.

I would phone customer relations and see what they do.

It does kind of annoy me that a lot is made of the inflight treatments by Virgin marketing but in reality its a mini-lottery if you get a treatment or not.

I'm fortunate that on the occassions that there has been a beautician on board, I have got my treatment. There have been times wehre there has been no beautician, due to her missing the flight or being ill. And then of course theres the poor excuse of no proper UC service on the bucket and spade routes, yet full J prices.

Thanks,
Richard

P.S. Anyone flying on Friday 17th Jan? See you in the lounge! Off to SFO and returning back on 20th.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 4:49 pm

Richard:

I'll look forward to your comments on your SFO jaunt. We will be doing the same in reverse on the 27th and 4th.

Sactoflyer

Old Jan 6, 2003, 1:07 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
IFT cards are definitely worth it -- last time we flew I managed to remember one which put my partner at the top of the queue for treatment... but it's amazing how often I forget to bring them.

BC
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:03 am

Flew back from LA on Friday (the late flight on the A340) and there was no beautician on board. A shame, could have done with a back and shoulder massage after 8 days with the in-laws...

Boo
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:22 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
On my flight back from JNB on 24th Dec, there were only 3 in UC - I had every treatment swings and roundabouts - almost makes up for the non appearance on the MIA flight
Old Jan 6, 2003, 3:43 pm

There aren't any beauty therapists on the MIA flights, full stop, are there? Unless things have changed since August 2002...

Boo
Old Jan 7, 2003, 4:07 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
sorry wasnt MIA - was MCO
Old Jan 7, 2003, 4:44 am

But there isn't any Virgin Touch beauticians ont he MCO route either, unless you took your own.....

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jan 7, 2003, 7:04 am

Hhhmmm, wish that Virgin would offer sports massage as well: normal massage is great, but once you have had good sports massage... (must be a masochist - sp? - at heart...).

Boo
(wishing that Continental codeshared with Virgin on the MCO route - despite its undersubscription, there rarely seem to be good UC deals flying into MCO with Virgin or BA for that matter....).
Old Jan 7, 2003, 9:05 am

Rarely?

Theres normally a good Z classs fare on, and then theres the MpM fares. I seem to remember a cracking £1200 fare last year for Upper. I can see theres £1875 fares at the mo on Expedia.

J to MCO is not worth the advertised £4k. I would rather book W/K and stand a very good chance of being upgraded to J anyway seen as Y load is very high. I think we've all seen:-
Red FC Members
Reward Tickets
Virgin Holidays H Class Premium Economy fares

all being upgraded to J. Maybe to zone B, but then its still a large seat to sleep in or relax in.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jan 7, 2003, 3:18 pm

Hhhmmm, £1200 is an excellent fare! Where did you see that (Expedia too?)? £1800 odd isn't bad either.

Will keep my eyes out for good UC fares then (although could be tempted by Thailand instead this year...)

Boo
Old Jan 22, 2003, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi,

An update:

I emailed customer relations and a couple of days later got an email reply saying that my comments had been passed to Sir Richard Bransons office.

This morning I was called at work by a very nice lady from Sir Richard's office ( I won't divulge her name here)

She was very apologetic and mentioned that although they did not have any cards at the moment they should be getting some soon and they would be posted out. She also asked when I was planning to travel next and said that if I had not received a card by then to contact her and she would contact the IFS on my flight which I was grateful for. She also thanked me for choosing VS and Flying club.

Regards
TBS
Old Jan 22, 2003, 12:11 pm

JK by any chance?

If it was, she knew who you were as your comment from the 'Revivals' lounge was faxed to her!

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jan 22, 2003, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi Richard,

No ,it was MC.

By the way, how do you know the comments were faxed to Customer Relations ? ( just by asking at the Revivals lounge?)

Look forward to meeting you next weekend.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.