Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2002, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Merry Christmas to one and all

Hi,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all VS FC contributors ( and lurkers) a

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Looks like it will not be a white one up here in Scotland as it is getting milder ( last week was cold and frosty)

Hope to meet some of you in 2003.

Regards

TBS

PS Any one going to be in the LHR clubhouse on 1st Jan in the am as I will be off to IAD?.

Regards
TBS

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited 12-24-2002).]
Old Dec 22, 2002, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Nice one, TBS, and all the best to you as well.

As for a white Christmas, I guess we'll have to head for the mountains, it's postively (almost) sub-tropical in London up to 15 degrees (or 59 American degrees).
Old Dec 23, 2002, 1:55 am

Hope that all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a successful/propserous/happy New Year.

(will be in the Clubhouse at LHR, off to visit the "out-laws" in LA, but 6 days earlier).

Boo
Old Dec 23, 2002, 6:05 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Enjoy the break. I'm going nowhere this year and will relish actually being at home.

As for 2003 - there is a do in London on Feb 1 which Richard and I are trying to get to - if more VS fans could come along and balance out the BA contingent that would be good.

Cheers, GK
Old Dec 23, 2002, 6:53 am

Programs: Various
Happy Christmas to all here,

Just got back from NYC and looks like BA will be getting a lot more business, I'm now a convert!

Thanks,
Richard
Old Dec 23, 2002, 11:49 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Compliments of the season to all on the VS board. May 2003 bring all the points and upgrades you desire.

No VS flying for me 'till Feb, but I will keep an eye on the board and look forward to Richard's full lowdown on the world of Virgin flying before he defects to BA completely.

Nick
Old Dec 23, 2002, 5:37 pm
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMannion:
Just got back from NYC and looks like BA will be getting a lot more business, I'm now a convert!</font>
Ah, finally he has seen the light!

But before you do take the plunge, be prepared for a couple of things:

-No upgrades. Ever.
-More premium flying required to get useful status with BA (Silver for lounge access) than is to get VS Gold
-Practically no miles or points on anything other than full fare tickets
-BA's world is very, very big... even with a gold card you're still a nobody

If you can hack that, then come on over... its warm and we have real sleeper seats

dnw

P.S. Seasons greetings to all!

[This message has been edited by dnw (edited 12-23-2002).]
Old Dec 24, 2002, 1:54 am

Richard - I'm a convert too having flown in the front of a BA plane a few times this year. Went out 6/12 and back 8/12 on SSC to JFK - sounds like you enjoyed your equivalent trip too!

dnw - too true, I've got another year of Blue to look forward to.

Happy Xmas to all,

Andy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.