Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is "D" class?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2002, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
What is "D" class?

Hi,

I am looking at the SQ/VS/NZ 4 corners fare in business class.

Under booking instructions it says to book VS in "D" class.

Is that PE or UC. Obviously it makes a huge difference!

Mark
Old May 29, 2002, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Upper class. Discounted business class fare. Most often associated with around the world tickets.
Old May 30, 2002, 2:50 am

discounted upper class ticket, comes with all the benefits of a full j class ticket but with a couple of restrictions and you don't get the limo transfers, unless its a d class ticket to south africa.

thanks,
thomas
Old May 30, 2002, 2:54 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Yes, D is discount business. There is a slight difference to J in that you do not get the limo service. Those tickets though have no change fee for dates, and VS are very good at freeing up J seats for D fares - a quick call to Flying Club is all it takes

Jon
Old May 30, 2002, 8:19 am

An Upper Class reward flight is also 'D' class. This is very good as you can vary the return date once departed without penalty.
Old May 30, 2002, 10:02 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
These two tickets in my pocket for Antigua tomorrow (stuck BA 777's willing) are D class too -- bought direct from Virgin using the free companion seat offer, but we are getting the limo as well.

Which is nice.

BC
Old May 30, 2002, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Be forewarned that VS/NZ/SQ/MI also has an 'Escapade' fare that has a First Class fare level as well. Obviously F class travel is only on SQ and NZ , but the good thing about this on VS is that the flights are booked in J inventory and not D which can be quite limited. However, this fare still does not qualify for the limo transfer as stated very clearly on the rules of this fare. Check-in agents have been primed to look out for the conditions of this fare restriction.
Old May 31, 2002, 2:41 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Guy B. ,

I wouldnot want to call you on that, but according to virgin reservations it is included - not only that but I used the limo service only this week. My ticket originated in JNB and I used it to pickm me up at my friends house, and then once in london to get to the office, where i ad lrft my car

Jon

+44 (0) 1293 747500 were the people who didi it for me (the limo's).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.