Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I being greedy?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2002, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Am I being greedy?

Hello all, first post so be gentle with me.

Firstly let me thank you all, I've been a board observer for several months and have learnt so many tricks and tips, it has changed the way I travel!

My question:
I've just gone gold in Flying club and am going to enrol my partner (Same home address as required) into a silver account as per the offer.
My question is - if my partner was not a member before, will I get any extra miles for 'introducing' a new member, all be it via my gold account.
Or
Am I just being greedy?

Oh, of course, if anyone wants to fill me in on any "secret" gold benefits then feel free!

------------------
Old May 27, 2002, 1:30 pm

Just being greedy!!

If you manage to get some bonus miles, I am sure we will all follow and enrol our family members not already enrolled ASAP.

Virgin use to many years ago offer bonus miles for enrolling friends, but I have not seen this for some time.

I think you may still get a nice bonus for your first Upper Class flight, although I have not seen mentioned for a while so do not know if it still works.

As for the unmentioned Gold Benefits.... well that would be telling, although Jongar seems to have a lot of luck with the crew, maybe it is his long legs!

[This message has been edited by lfrancis (edited 05-27-2002).]
Old May 27, 2002, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There is a milesmorefriends promotion where you get 3,000 miles if your friend takes a flight in economy and 15,00 in Upper Class( certain classes only) . The website is www.milesmorefriends.com

I'm not sure if this applies to enrolling your friend straight into silver through your gold card.

Regards
TBS
Old May 27, 2002, 4:20 pm

tbs is right, www.milesmorefriends.com

to earn the miles though, the friend needs to do a qualifying flight. so for y (3000pt bonus), they must travel on a y, b, l or m fare ticket, w (7500pt bonus) must travel on a w, k or h fare base ticket, j (15000pt bonus) j or d fare base ticket.

note the offer expires 31st may 2003.

no bonus miles for partner/friend getting silver card, its part of the au fc status program.

12000pt bonus for first d or j class flights.

if you want to earn bonus miles, use the virgin partners, hotel stays earning c. 1000pts, car hire too.

thomas
Old May 28, 2002, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks all!

[This message has been edited by Meet me in the lounge (edited 05-28-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.