Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Heaven is just around the corner - advice on seat required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2001, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au

I have my ticket confirmed LHR - JNB in upper class (best route deal ever) but what are the best seats. Any advice to get that bit of something extra out of the flight.

Jon
Old Jan 19, 2001, 9:40 am

Jon
If its a 747 you have the choice of seats on either the upper or lower deck. The front of the upper deck is best for privacy/peace and quiet, downstairs is more lively (with a bar.)
Make sure you visit the Virgin Clubhouse at LHR before you depart. Great food, with views over the runway. You can even book a haircut/massage etc.
What was the great deal you got on your ticket?
Old Jan 19, 2001, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Company has a route deal with them but its more than 15% off
Old Jan 20, 2001, 9:36 am
Original Member

Sorry Tim58, I have to disagree about the top deck of a 747. I find them pretty noise, as there tends to be a lot of coming and going to the flight deck. The best place for piece and quite is the very front of the lower cabin. This is far from the bar, with nothing in front to create traffic. You also don't have any seats to recline in front of you.
Old Jan 20, 2001, 9:51 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally posted by jongar:
. Any advice to get that bit of something extra out of the flight.
Ask VS to schedule Elizabeth, an Inflight Beauty Therapist, on your flight!

Old Jan 21, 2001, 4:10 am
Original Poster

How can I put this. My name is JON. I dont know any girls with that name (i know a lot of girls though ) why would a bloke want a beuty therapist. I moisturise every day - I add water to the soap - therefore i moisturise - really annoys my GF that line, but then she works for Armais, marketing mens beauty thingies.
Old Jan 21, 2001, 4:36 am

Programs: Various
Jongar,

i take it that you've never flown Upper Class before?

The in-flight beautician, is there for manicures, massages, etc. They are the same as the girls that work in the Virign Touch Salons in the ClubHouses. The ClubHouses do offer more service though, like haircuts, full back massage, etc.

I use the Salon everytime I use the ClubHouses, you can have up to 2 service, I normally go for a haircut and a back massage. Though the Head massage is very relaxing!!

It is great service that Virgin offers, and I do reccommend you give it a whirl.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jan 21, 2001, 4:41 am
Original Poster

No, I havent, but i am looking forward to it even more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.