Wiki Posts
Search

OMNI: An offensive radio ad

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 1999, 2:45 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

OMNI: An offensive radio ad

This is very OMNI but when I heard iton my Walkman I got a very nautious and angry feeling toward Sir Richard (Who I'm guessing is behind this radio spot!)

DIDN'T WRITE IT DOWN BUT CAN REMEMBER MOST OF IT!

It's a 60sec spot of a little boy so dissapointed that his father will miss his birthday party to go to LONDON AGAIN! the kid says "But daddy, why do you have to go to LONDON AGAIN! You've been there six times already this month!"

Daddy laughs "I got a great airfare with Virgin."

It doesn't say if daddy is a businessman with
a lot of business in LONDON. But the twist is that Virgin's having an airfare sale from EWR and NYC to London. So the punch line's is Virgin's fares are so good it's hard to pass them up for "other things."

The kid suggests video conferencing so daddy sees him but daddy says "You send a handshake over the internet."

Then the final line Daddy says to his son: "I hope you'll enjoy the bike I got you for your birthday." The Son says "I will after I get off my crutches."

Maybe it's just me, and maybe it's the Sam Adams talking but I can't believe a man would take a cheap airfare to go to LONDON for the seventh time in a month to miss his son's birhtday party. Unless it's business. I hope the kid grows up to fly BRITISH!!!

Now British Airways'sradio spot if I wrote it would be somethign like some man who sounds like Merry Flyer talking: "You are falling under my control... British Airways has unbeatable rates from NYC, IAD, Boston and other American cities to London's Heathrow. (List the prices)YOu want to go to London. the greatest city in the world. great shopping. REPEATING B-A'S AIRFARE SALE SLOGAN. You are picking up your phone... you are calling (BA reservations number) Come to me Americans.
Come to London.

Ending with the B-A airways announcer "British Airways, the world's favourite airline."

Funny, tells the fares without offending folks like me.

Sorry I've babbled. CATMAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.