Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic Flight 18 EWR to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Virgin Atlantic Flight 18 EWR to LHR

We've been diverted to Hannover, Germany...any news on when and where to go tomorrow morning?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:05 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
No more snow forecast for Heathrow. No ETA on when the Runways will open yet, they have to clear all the snow from the taxiway and stands, and there is a severe frost over the South tonight.

I'm not sure if that answers your question - Virgin surely should be keeping you more updated than us on the forums.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:18 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, lalita
Please follow this discussion in the Virgin Atlantic Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Well my experience of VS contacting me after a flight cancellation is not that good, but VS should contact your hotel with details of when you are due to meet up and fly out.

It will depend on when LHR reopens - keep an eye on the website www.heathrowairport.com for details about it reopening.

I was listening in on Shannon control this evening... I did hear your plane go over there, trying to find a home for the night (at that point both Shannon and Dublin were already full, as were most UK airports).
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:16 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
As always, there have been complaints that the Virgin phone lines on both side of the Atlantic are swamped, and can't cope with demand.

The Virgin Atlantic Facebook page seems to be the best place to get information, they appear to be supplying updated information, and links to where the information is posted.

It has to be said that the site is usually updated more frequently during office hours Monday- Friday, but I see there was info posted yesterday.

Good luck with your travels.

Edit: According to thread on V-Flyer, two of the best places to see where planes have been diverted to, and their current status; are the Virgin Atlantic iPhone flight tracker app, and the V-Flyer flight status link. The data there is a direct feed, so is kept far more current than info on the VS website.

Link to thread.

Nick

Last edited by Nottingham Nick; Dec 19, 2010 at 1:32 am Reason: added para
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the reply! We are now stuck in Germany! I feel like I'm back in Cleveland, Ohio with all this snow!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Welcome to Flyertalk, lalita
Please follow this discussion in the Virgin Atlantic Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Struggling to find the link. Can you please direct
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:37 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by kpriestnal
Struggling to find the link. Can you please direct
I believe the mod is just informing you that your thread has been moved to the Virgin Atlantic forum, from the TravelBuzz one.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by lalita
Thanks to all for the reply! We are now stuck in Germany! I feel like I'm back in Cleveland, Ohio with all this snow!
It should be noted, at around the same time, BA planes were diverting to KEF.. I think I'd take HAN over KEF any day
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:26 am
Company Representative - Virgin Atlantic

How to contact VAA

Hi All

For queries on our flights due to the UK/EU snow disruption situation, please check the details posted on:

www.virginatlantic.com
www.facebook.com/virginatlantic
www.twitter.com/virginatlantic

and if necessary raise queries on Facebook & Twitter as the team are working through these.

The team are understandably stretched at the moment so won't be able to answer questions on other forums such as this sorry.

rgds
Fergus (VAA website)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.