Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Upgrading a CO mileage award on VS using VS miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody

Think I know the answer to this, but prefer to be embarrassed on here than at the airport

I'm traveling in coach on VS equipment from MCO-MAN with a CO award ticket. Can I use VS miles to upgrade to premium economy ?
Old May 5, 2010, 1:14 am

Programs: UA global, VS Gld , SPG plat
I think you have saved yourself airport embarassment.
You cannot upgrade an award ticket as it does not come from the revenue seats. You may be able to buy a ticket and use CO miles to upgrade but I dont think you can do this except on a CO plane (not codeshare even).
If you have VS miles then you should buy a VS econ ticket and then try and use the miles to upgrade but it sounds like it might be a bit late to start doing this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.