Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

UK airspace closes due to volcanic ash - airspace currently open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK airspace closes due to volcanic ash - airspace currently open

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by loonieryan
How is the situation at LHR? My spouse works for AC (Air Canada) and I'm bringing my sister and niece back to LHR this weekend (the 30th), and will need to catch a flight back to Canada on May 1st, standby status. The AC reservation system shows that the LHR to YUL flight is wide open on May 1/2, but I'm afraid it might not be updated and that there are in fact lots of standby passengers waiting at LHR to get on to trans-atlantic flights.

Does any body here have insider info on how things are at LHR? Is there truly space on trans-atlantic flights this weekend?
I'm about 99% sure that just about every station is back to normal. We (MCO/VS) just had our last relief flight yesterday, and we had 10,000 stranded pax. I know most that were originated in the UK just canceled their plans and rebooked for a later date. I don't think anyone has revenue standby pax left. They should be fine.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
My refund just posted last week - woop!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.