Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's in VX first class amenity kit?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Regarding the autopilot kits, as they are called - friends who work for VX said anyone in F can get them anytime, you just need to ask for them. If you are in Y, you can order them from the seatback TV (not the same menu as food).

I just got Palm Springs & Washington National; <3 'em!
Good to know. Found one on my seat yesterday. Seemed to be a left over as it was the only one. (I got a little excited when I saw it)
Ft. Lauderdale. Cute. Contained eyeshades and pen/stylus.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by pcoll
Good to know. Found one on my seat yesterday. Seemed to be a left over as it was the only one. (I got a little excited when I saw it)
Ft. Lauderdale. Cute. Contained eyeshades and pen/stylus.
It should have: 1. eyeshades, which are pretty comfy. Intl F quality. 2. a nice pen with decent gripping surface. 3. Ear plugs which are the nice soft foam ones I buy on my own.

I've accumulated dozens of them. The case itself is great for storing small electronics like USB keys or protecting high end ear buds. My noise canceling Sony earbuds have been well protected by this for the past year.

That said, these are nothing like the ones I've accumulated on Intl F over the years like the one from AF La Premiere, which has serial numbers to keep staff from stealing them or the ones in the 90's made of real leather from NW F or LH F, which I still have.

The current best amenity kit I've seen in domestic F is the ones from B6 Mint. Designed by Dennis Hopper's daughter and very good quality. I bet you could use this one daily for years.

Last edited by ptownca; Nov 5, 2017 at 8:26 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Once the brand goes away, there are very few pieces of VX we as FFs have to take home with us as mementos. The autopilot kits are one of them.

​​I'm a fan of their city designs as they are uniquely Virgin and I've been trying to collect all cities before VX is gone.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
+1 on the eyeshades. I just flew FRA-ATL in DeltaOne (err whatever it is) and the kit was OK, but the eyeshades were lacking, not very comfortable/not soft/not breathable. I ended up pulling out Seattle and using the VX shades ^_^
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by ptownca
It should have: 1. eyeshades, which are pretty comfy. Intl F quality. 2. a nice pen with decent gripping surface. 3. Ear plugs which are the nice soft foam ones I buy on my own.
They've stopped including the ear plugs, unfortunately. It's probably been six months since I've seen them. And the pen is now a very small, thin ballpoint. The eyeshades are also downgraded from what they used to include.

I do like the VX destination bags though -- they will be nice souvenirs of the airline when it goes away in a few months.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I was hoping the Boston one would look like this:

https://www.designboom.com/wp-conten...website_05.jpg

Alaska has removed all the avatars from VX's where we fly page. Did anyone save the page?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Those are great! I think i like that DCA one the best of the actual lot, since BOS isn't like the linked picture.

Thabks for adding the pictures here! To anyone else out there with autopilot kits of missing cities, please do add them to this post!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS
I
I have Puerto Vallarta and Ft. Lauderdale. Trying to figure out how to post pics.
Puerto Vallarta has mariachis in front of mission style building. (My fav)
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by The ITDA
I was hoping the Boston one would look like this:

https://www.designboom.com/wp-conten...website_05.jpg

Alaska has removed all the avatars from VX's where we fly page. Did anyone save the page?
I *may* have crawled the VX server's image directory for the city art a few months ago. Too many to post them all here, but these were the full and mini BOS icons.

Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:19 pm

I love that BOS big one!!!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
These are disturbing.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
These are the ones that I've gotten over time.

rustykettel likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:42 am

I love these kits. I think they're fun and unique. I've been trying to get SFO, LAX, San Diego, Denver, Seattle and Maui. I fly to these often and you're right, you can ask for them in F but it's random what you get. I keep getting cities I don't fly to. If anyone has those cities, please, please send me a message. Maybe we can make a trade or something.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:47 pm

Joeruns1717, I'll see what I have duplicates of and definitely up for a swap We need to beg/plead with Alaska to keep these and expand on them... they are VERY cute and cool, and would do well under Alaska's branding, especially if they keep the avatars.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I have some duplicated as well. Will take a look and report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.