Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's in VX first class amenity kit?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

What's in VX first class amenity kit?

I am flying LAX-JFK redeye in F next month. I am just wondering how does VX amenity kit compare with DL/UA/AA's amenity kits which are branded with luxury brands like Tumi, Cole Haan, etc.

Does VX name their amenity kit using city names? (Los Angeles, San Francisco, ... etc.??)
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Nothing as fancy as the Tumi kit from DL. An eye shade, ear plugs which are comfy and a branded pen in a soft case. They do have a very nice comforter and pillow however.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Thought I'd use this existing thread to catalog the amenity kits I've picked up so far (LGA, LAX, EWR, DEN, SAN, SFO) before AS gets rid of them. No earplugs inside mine, just a branded mini pen w/ rubber touchscreen stylus end & the eyeshades.

Please add your own pictures to complete the set!
Attached Images   
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by ptownca
Nothing as fancy as the Tumi kit from DL. An eye shade, ear plugs which are comfy and a branded pen in a soft case. They do have a very nice comforter and pillow however.
Did not have comforter and pillow at seat on flight Tuesday. Asked FA and told none were available for evening flight. I guess this will happen more often going forward.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by pcoll
Did not have comforter and pillow at seat on flight Tuesday. Asked FA and told none were available for evening flight. I guess this will happen more often going forward.
A shame to be honest. Less than a year ago they were on every fkight regardless of time of day, even on short haul flights like SFO <> SEA and SAN <> SFO.

Last edited by ptownca; Oct 18, 2017 at 12:48 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Dontcha just love how we're all being welcomed to the family? *eyerolls*

My feeling is that we're the extra kids being dragged into a second marriage arranged out of convenience to the parents...but I suspect that is a familiar feeling in these mergers. Points to AS for putting a decent foot forwards at the start...they had to know this was gonna be unpleasant for us and needed a pot of goodwill (though their accountants may make sure they're stuck with a large pot of goodwill for some years to come...).
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ptownca
A shame to be honest. Less than a year ago they were on every fkight regardless of time of day, even on short haul flights like SFO <> SEA and SAN <> SFO.
It's this kinda' amateur fail hour that AS is bringing to VX which has me spending my premium rev elsewhere.

The AS product is a bore and the VX product is lost/gone. Sad to see good being replaced with irrelevant and dull.
Texas2SFO likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
I'm thinking of booking one last flight on VX before they are gutted by AS. I'm thinking FC on the SFO-HNL on a A321. I'm concerned the product is already poor.

Should I even bother?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by fishy21
I'm thinking of booking one last flight on VX before they are gutted by AS. I'm thinking FC on the SFO-HNL on a A321. I'm concerned the product is already poor.

Should I even bother?
You shouldn't.

1. They don't fly the 321 to HNL.

2. Your concern is valid, it's already been gutted.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
You shouldn't.

1. They don't fly the 321 to HNL.

2. Your concern is valid, it's already been gutted.

I'm looking at the seat map and it looks like a 321. Am I missing something? It's for Jan 19.

What items have been gutted?

Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21
I'm looking at the seat map and it looks like a 321. Am I missing something? It's for Jan 19.

What items have been gutted?

Thanks.
1. My apologies, you're right. HNL has been added in addition to what was just DCA & JFK. Your seat on that flight will be a whiter shade of leather than the rest of the fleet, for sure.

2. A lot. Most notably, the food quality has gone down tremendously, but there are a number of other cuts that have taken place. It's quite sad. You can read more here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virg...xperience.html
fishy21 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I didn't really think the F food was terrible when I flew in early October (I fly VX F occasionally, AS F regularly). I actually thought it was good (a hash with root vegetables and poached eggs plus fruit and croissant for breakfast, a small salad with chicken breast on the shorthaul lunchtime flight). They struck me as things I would have eaten in a restaurant without blinking an eye (and superior to what gets served on AS). YMMV and obviously no guarantees on what happens in 2018.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I didn't really think the F food was terrible when I flew in early October (I fly VX F occasionally, AS F regularly). I actually thought it was good (a hash with root vegetables and poached eggs plus fruit and croissant for breakfast, a small salad with chicken breast on the shorthaul lunchtime flight). They struck me as things I would have eaten in a restaurant without blinking an eye (and superior to what gets served on AS). YMMV and obviously no guarantees on what happens in 2018.
Boldiing mine - I couldn't agree with you more. I find AS to be the worst domestic F food out there and their lack of a PDB service is just plain lazy.

However, it's been quite noticeable how what was a huge difference between the two has narrowed significantly within the past 6 months or so.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Boldiing mine - I couldn't agree with you more. I find AS to be the worst domestic F food out there and their lack of a PDB service is just plain lazy.

However, it's been quite noticeable how what was a huge difference between the two has narrowed significantly within the past 6 months or so.
Agreed. On on AS flight the chicken entree in F was worse than some Intl Y meals.

It seems from many reports on FT that the AS under investment in maintaining the VX brand standards for IFE, F meals and amenities has driven away a lot of goodwill from VX elites. Sadly.

In my case, I've been lucky to go back to Boston with B6 Mosaic status. While their FFP is no where near on par with AS or VX, Mint as a premium product is awesome and makes up for the loss of T-2 in SFO and VX F.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Regarding the autopilot kits, as they are called - friends who work for VX said anyone in F can get them anytime, you just need to ask for them. If you are in Y, you can order them from the seatback TV (not the same menu as food).

I just got Palm Springs & Washington National; <3 'em!
socalgecko likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.