Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Virgin America to connect at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Using Virgin America to connect at JFK

I thinking about using a SFO-JFK flight on VA to connect with a Royal Air Maroc flight at JFK, because of the attractive fares and convenient flight times.

Any reasons to not do this? I'm planning a 4-5 hour connecting time to claim and recheck baggage.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
I thinking about using a SFO-JFK flight on VA to connect with a Royal Air Maroc flight at JFK, because of the attractive fares and convenient flight times.

Any reasons to not do this? I'm planning a 4-5 hour connecting time to claim and recheck baggage.
I've had no problem doing this. You're likely in the same terminal, too. I wasn't.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As long as you recognize and are willing to accept the risk that you will be on your own if VX has a lengthy delay, then no, I see no reason not to. I personally do not arrange for connections on separate tickets like this without arranging for at least a 24 hour connection.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:48 pm

How far into the future? With their cash levels and questionable ownership I wouldn't book more than 2-3 months into the future.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat - (1MM)
Both airlines are in the same terminal at JFK so as long as the VX flight is on time 4-5 hours is more than enough time.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by audio-nut
How far into the future? With their cash levels and questionable ownership I wouldn't book more than 2-3 months into the future.
Ridiculous.

Even if this was a concern, if you book with most all credit cards you are safe.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Actually, it looks like VX's routes are maturing pretty consistently. CrankyFlier is far from a VX fanboy, and I think the guy calls it like it is (and as a former HP Revenue Management employee, he has the chops to do this), so if he thinks they are getting their house in order, I would take it seriously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.