Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange site issue

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Question Strange site issue

I decided to try Virgin America for the first time (LAX <-> BOS)

So, I created a new account on the Virgin America web site and signed up for the awards program.

I then, while logged in, went through the entire process of booking a flight - all the way to the final screen where you check the checkbox to agree to the flight terms, and finalized it, clicked the final "book" button, and so on. Everything seemed to process normally, and I saw a confirmation window.

I (foolishly, perhaps) then closed the window and went to check my email for the confirmation. There was none. I waited. Still none.

I then returned to the VX web site and logged back in. Now, under the "check-in / travel manager", it says:

"You have no upcoming flights with Virgin America."

Wha?

As an experiment, I went through and began the ticket process again and noticed that my seats are no longer open for booking. So it appears I got the seats - but the reservation isn't there.

Maybe I just need to go to bed and when I wake up in the morning everything will be ok? (thinking wishfully)

Just wondering if any of you have ever had this experience.
Old May 29, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: VX, UA 2P
It can take a little while before the flights show up under your eleVAte account.

Is your email address entered correctly in your profile? Did you receive an email welcoming you to the program?

If you're concerned, give them a call. AFAIK you will not be forwarded to India.
Old May 29, 2009, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

For those of you who experience this in the future - there seems to be several hours of lag between the ticket purchasing process and it actually showing up in your inbox and in your "travel manager."

I received a confirmation e-mail this morning - a few hours after booking - and when I went to the VX site the flight was there.

So, all is well - it's just not instant as I expected.
Old May 30, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
There are multiple systems the booking process uses, including eleVAte's databases and the one for actually flying. There are unseen identifiers that link everything together, but they don't talk to one another instantaneously. As you saw, the PNR you created wasn't linked to your eleVAte login or to your virginamerica.com account until a few minutes (hours) later. Actual sync time does vary - but it does ultimately all work out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.