Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First VX flight - Unimpressed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

First VX flight - Unimpressed

Took my first VA flight last evening. LAS-SFO-IAD. I was very excited - but to be honest, I was not impressed. Flight crew was great and both fights left and arrived on-time. This is a huge upgrade from my general experience with UA. However, on both flights the IFE didn't work well. On the SFO-IAD flight, the big hyped wireless didn't work at all. However, I see on my AMEX bill today that I was charged the $12.95. The seats were not the greatest, the guy behind me was pecking the seat monitor the whole flight and the cut outs in the arm rest were uncomfortable. I'd probably fly VA again, but only if the fare was competitive. Did I just have bad luck?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by djlndc
Took my first VA flight last evening. LAS-SFO-IAD. I was very excited - but to be honest, I was not impressed. Flight crew was great and both fights left and arrived on-time. This is a huge upgrade from my general experience with UA. However, on both flights the IFE didn't work well. On the SFO-IAD flight, the big hyped wireless didn't work at all. However, I see on my AMEX bill today that I was charged the $12.95. The seats were not the greatest, the guy behind me was pecking the seat monitor the whole flight and the cut outs in the arm rest were uncomfortable. I'd probably fly VA again, but only if the fare was competitive. Did I just have bad luck?
You had back luck as far as IFE/Internet went. I'd call VX and see if you can get a refund for the AMEX charge, also mention the IFE as they often give out vouchers if it doesn't work (2 for 2? that is pretty bad).

The seat pitch in economy is not as good as others (especially compared to E+ on UA). First class is much nicer (and pretty cheap if you can get a 24 hour upgrade). IMO - the staff attitude/airline style alone makes it a huge upgrade from legacy carriers.

Last edited by nermaljcat; Mar 24, 2009 at 8:32 pm
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
IFE has always worked for me, but it has often seemed like it was on the verge of crashing. As noted above, the $250 F upgrade is an amazing transcon deal, if available. I've gotten it on 3/4 of my SFO-IAD segments.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhuey
IFE has always worked for me, but it has often seemed like it was on the verge of crashing. As noted above, the $250 F upgrade is an amazing transcon deal, if available. I've gotten it on 3/4 of my SFO-IAD segments.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Update

Without even making a request, GoGo (VX Wireless Internet provider) refunded my 12.95 and provided me a certificate for free access on my next flight. Nice to see them proactive. ^
Old Mar 27, 2009, 2:47 am

Programs: QF PS, NZ Silver
Without even making a request, GoGo (VX Wireless Internet provider) refunded my 12.95 and provided me a certificate for free access on my next flight. Nice to see them proactive. ^
It took me one month, several phone calls and emails and a credit card charge dispute to get my refund from GoGo!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvjs
It took me one month, several phone calls and emails and a credit card charge dispute to get my refund from GoGo!
I'll assume you made them "see the light" so they are on top of these issues. I guess I owe you a thank you.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 4:02 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Flight crew was great and both fights left and arrived on-time. This is a huge upgrade from my general experience with UA.
I had to laugh when I read this, as it is completely consistent with the experience I had when I switched from UA to NW. NW has numerous problems, but I was thrilled just to have an airline that didn't cancel or delay my flights on most of my trips!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.