Wiki Posts
Search

VX clubhouse at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Since the lounge is landside, and is maybe a 10 minute brisk walk from T2, maybe all is not lost.
Or one could take the AirTrain -- the International Terminal-A station is very close to the lounge. That too probably averages 10 minutes, lounge to T2 security. Hard to say if this is enough for VX to keep the option, though. They might fear whiny people who claim they weren't warned about the distance and miss their flight.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:58 am

Now that T2 is open...

I was wondering if anyone has experience that the lounge option is indeed still open. I have a flight on VX (coach, but Elevate member) next mid-week leaving at around 6pm, similar time-frame to the lone VS20 flight scheduled for 7:05pm, and would love to relax beforehand at the Clubhouse.

In any case, I will bring a screenshot of the VX news page when it still showed this option for $35 with the dates 3/13-3/25 3pm-6:15pm and give this a try and report back.

Last edited by mmsnow; Apr 15, 2011 at 1:06 am
Old Apr 18, 2011, 7:19 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mmsnow
I was wondering if anyone has experience that the lounge option is indeed still open. I have a flight on VX (coach, but Elevate member) next mid-week leaving at around 6pm, similar time-frame to the lone VS20 flight scheduled for 7:05pm, and would love to relax beforehand at the Clubhouse.

In any case, I will bring a screenshot of the VX news page when it still showed this option for $35 with the dates 3/13-3/25 3pm-6:15pm and give this a try and report back.

What was the final result?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:58 am

My flight is tomorrow, Wednesday early evening. After looking further at the Virgin America website, I am certain that the lounge option is still open. If the buying option online is not open, I will just venture to the first-class check-in at T2.

Also, according to the VX Clubhouse website, the NY JFK lounge is also open to all to purchase (Elevate members).

For SFO:
Beginning March 27, 2011:
4:00pm – 7:15pm (PDT) (on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday)
3:00pm – 6:15pm (PDT) (on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday)

From the VX FAQ:
http://virginamerica.custhelp.com/ap...d/218/kw/first

---

From the VX Clubhouse page:
http://www.virginamerica.com/travel/airport-lounge.html
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Please also ask if check in, etc. can be handled at the Clubhouse. If one doesn't have luggage, it avoids the initial trip to T2 if there's a ticketing/check-in issue that couldn't be handled online.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
VS Clubhouse is still an option at SFO, however no ticketing, check-in, etc can actually be done at the lounge. You would have to check-in online or travel over to T2.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
Forget the Clubhouse. T2 is the nicest terminal in America, and perhaps one of the best in the world. The whole terminal is like a lounge. AA has a lounge there, and honestly, I understand why Virgin America decided not to put a lounge in. It's not needed. No need to jump through hoops to use the International Terminal lounge. Take the money you'd spend on the lounge and go have a nice meal at one of the T2 restaurants. Trust me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.