Wiki Posts
Search

VX clubhouse at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Thumbs up VX clubhouse at SFO

Virgin America presents yet another reason to fall in love with flying: Our guests in first class may now enjoy the SFO Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. This is a stylish retreat where you can catch up on work, get caught up on the latest newspapers and magazines, zone out in front of the TV, enjoy delicious food, or simply unwind at the full bar overlooking fabulous views of the Bay.
http://www.virginamerica.com/va/news...More&pageName=
Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:16 pm

Very cool, and came out of nowhere!

Am I reading it correctly that it's only available for F/C travelers *and* you must pay $40?

I think that's fine, but it's a little ambiguous.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: VX unless destination indicates otherwise (damn hippieanarchistville--EUG--and PHX)
Good, but a few questions:

What took so long?

What about other cities (SEA/JFK in paticular)?

Is the lounge close to the gates?
When does it start?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
And it says it is $40 a visit. This is first class luxury and it's all yours for only $40 per visit. To get your pass, just go to the Virgin America first class check-in counter or call 877.Fly.Virgin
Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And it says it is $40 a visit. This is first class luxury and it's all yours for only $40 per visit. To get your pass, just go to the Virgin America first class check-in counter or call 877.Fly.Virgin
Charging first class customers for this? Really....?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikensf74
Charging first class customers for this? Really....?
Well, it wouldn't be out of the question considering there are very few domestic airlines that provide lounge access for paid premium class travel on a domestic ticket.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:47 pm

From the description, it sounds more like an international lounge than a typical domestic lounge, doesn't it?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 5:31 pm

$40?!

They want to charge 1st class passengers an additional $40?!?! Doesn't seem worth it to me.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rjque
Well, it wouldn't be out of the question considering there are very few domestic airlines that provide lounge access for paid premium class travel on a domestic ticket.
On premium (JFK) transcon, they do for the front cabin.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
On premium (JFK) transcon, they do for the front cabin.
Sure, for three cabin F, but VX F isn't really the equivalent of that (in price, at least). UA doesn't even give access to people flying C on that route.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:59 pm

I did this yesterday. The woman at the checkin counter told me about it.
I had the dubious distinction of being the first VX passenger to do this; as such, I was greeted by several of the VX management team (they were having a team lunch in there at the time) and got to ask a some questions about Elevate.
Is it worth it? Not sure. I had intended to have a few drinks before the flight (Perhaps not 40$ worth)and I was rather early to the airport. It was enjoyable and 40$ isn't going to break me. Would I do it again? I would if the circumstances were favorable.
They did mention that they were working on similar arrangements at JFK and IAD
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by rapopoda
... I had the dubious distinction of being the first VX passenger to do this; as such, I was greeted by several of the VX management team (they were having a team lunch in there at the time) and got to ask a some questions about Elevate. ...
Please share any eleVAte news?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by nermaljcat
Please share any eleVAte news?
Oh, I don't have that much to share in terms of specifics. I spoke to the woman that is running the program (can't recall her name, honestly).
Basically she said
1) They just started posting points the night before
2) We would be able to redeem in the next few months
3) There would be international airline partners, hotel partners, CC partners etc, but she was not in a position to say which ones.
The team members that I met seemed very nice and very excited about the products that they were growing
Old Feb 27, 2008, 8:11 pm

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
I'd pay the $40 for a PM flight out of IAD.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rjque
Sure, for three cabin F, but VX F isn't really the equivalent of that (in price, at least). UA doesn't even give access to people flying C on that route.
DL does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.