Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Question about BOB on Virgin America LAX-SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:09 pm
aw
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage

Hi,

Long story, but I will be flying on DL SFO-LAX to extend my AF FB miles and back on Virgin America. Both airlines had the $39.00 plus tax fare and I decided to give VX a try returning. Nothing like the excitement of novelty. Now, on VX'sr website it states that all flights have BOB. What they sell and for how much is rather vague. I find it surprising that they will bother with such a short segment. Then again, AA sells snack boxes from LAX-SJC and that is an American Eagle ERJ plane. A call to the reservations number did not provide any enlightment. So for those who have taken this short hop, does VX have BOB? If so, do they have sandwiches and wraps or is it just junk snacks? Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
At the moment, it's just snacks, but the Archer Farms snack mix for $2 is REALLY tasty! I have stocked up on it in quantity at home, just from the VX experience.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Short flts only seem to have snacks and no sandwiches.

Food options on longer flts are better. I flew SFO-JFK and JFK-SFO for example and the food was decent. I was in First and they gave ALL appetizer samples (if you can't decide have them all) and ALL dessert choices. They had enough catered. The main entres on my flts were Chicken and Garlic Shrimp.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:02 pm
aw
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Thanks SFO 1K and Enjoystravel. Archer Farms are not bad at all. I happen to love those cheese sticks. Will probably post a report after Oct. 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.