Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

VX gives away tix to Dr. Phil's studio audience!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: eleVAte (Virgin America)

Yesterday on the Dr. Phil Show, the subject was "airline etiquette". The Hooters girl who had the run-in w/ SouthWest's fashion police & the "Bye-Bye Airplane" toddler who was kicked off Continental were both guests.

No worries though... Virgin America came to the rescue by saying the Hooters girl looked hot and she's welcome to fly VX anytime she wants ~ in fact she was given a ticket on the inaugural VIP-only SFO-LAS flight on 10/10. The mom & kid from Continental were also given a free RT on VX and then the big surprise: so was the entire studio audience!

The clips below are kinda weak (it was taped off a Washington DC station and the commericals can't be fast-forwarded ~ sorry). Also right after the big surprise to the studio audience it gets cut off, but you see their initial excitement anyway.

I love it when the Hooters girl gives Dr. Phil back the SWA tix they also gave her and she says, "I don't want those. I'm only flying Virgin from now on!"

Way to go Dr. Phil! Thanx for the free PR for Virgin America!

Clip One (with the Hooters girl): http://mms.tveyes.com/ExpandGuest.asp?ln=215876

Clip Two (with the VX ticket giveaway): http://mms.tveyes.com/ExpandGuest.asp?ln=215879
Clip Two
Old Sep 22, 2007, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
This is the kind of marketing that Virgin is famous for!

The problem is that their network is just starting up and unless you're going on the segments they fly, what good is the free ticket.

I do hope that Virgin will wow us with the promotions for their FF programs once the details are rolled out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.