Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America First Class Fare Raise

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:19 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Virgin America First Class Fare Raise

Virgin America First Class coast to coast fares are now $449. I guess the $339 fare was only an introductory. It is still a bargain. However, I would like the lower fare.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 2:50 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
I guess its supply and demand, I noticed first class sell out or near sold out on pretty much all the flights I've checked for the first few weeks of operations. Maybe they should make Virgin America PS hehe.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
I purchased the $449 JFK-SFO F fare during the introductory period. The lower fares were valid through Nov 14, I believe. I was purchasing travel for December. I was pleasantly surprised the non-introductory fare was just $449 -- I was expecting it to be considerably higher.

With only eight seats up front, I'm of the opinion VX won't have any trouble filling the F cabin at these prices. To me, it's a fair price to pay for cross-country comfort.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Even Higher

Originally Posted by BEAV
I purchased the $449 JFK-SFO F fare during the introductory period. The lower fares were valid through Nov 14, I believe. I was purchasing travel for December. I was pleasantly surprised the non-introductory fare was just $449 -- I was expecting it to be considerably higher.

With only eight seats up front, I'm of the opinion VX won't have any trouble filling the F cabin at these prices. To me, it's a fair price to pay for cross-country comfort.
I looked at the SFO-IAD for Thanksgiving Weekend and on that Sunday its $699 F $399 Y. Unfortunate, I had a schedule change on UA downgrading my A/C from 777 to 757 and would have changed to VX F if the fare was $449, even though my UA flight is $250 upgraded to F using CR1.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Aug 25, 2007, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO-SJC Flyer
However, I would like the lower fare.
I don't get it, why?

I've said it 100 times before, fares are going up on VX, and in the not too distance future I doubt they'll seem like a bargain anymore.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 5:30 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
VX First Class Still We Be A Good Value

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I don't get it, why?

I've said it 100 times before, fares are going up on VX, and in the not too distance future I doubt they'll seem like a bargain anymore.

Yes, probably VX First Class fares will go up. They are selling an excellent product.

Lucky, you are just jealous that your beloved UA will not and cannot even come close to, let alone match, VX First Class fares and service. VX is here to stay. Because of VX, and the other low costs airlines now serving SFO, UA will certainly have their challenges at SFO.

Competition can make everyone better. However, in the case of UA, they probably find their domestic market share significantly dropping at SFO as VX adds service. UA, and UA loyalist, will just have to live with that.

We can continue this at the big SFO MEGA DO. We certainly can have an interesting debate.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO-SJC Flyer
...you are just jealous that your beloved UA will not and cannot even come close to, let alone match, VX First Class fares and service.
You make a broad assumption. Having tried both VX and United First, I will not argue that VX has some great features that UA lacks, but service was only good on VX--not great. I have had many great service experiences on United. I must try VX more to make a final judgement, but I think it is foolish to say VX service "naturally" beats UA's. UAs can be top notch and often is.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA, BA, B6, DL, UA 1K, VA, VX
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
You make a broad assumption. Having tried both VX and United First, I will not argue that VX has some great features that UA lacks, but service was only good on VX--not great. I have had many great service experiences on United. I must try VX more to make a final judgement, but I think it is foolish to say VX service "naturally" beats UA's. UAs can be top notch and often is.
I want to know what UA flights you've been flying!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:10 pm

IMO ps service is nothing spectacular
Old Aug 29, 2007, 8:25 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Originally Posted by pdf1k
IMO ps service is nothing spectacular
It can be.

It can also be awful at times. And that is my #1 pet peeve with UA: its inconsistency.

ANY airline with a decent seat/food/booze setup, and a consistent service would make a difference....
Old Aug 29, 2007, 4:48 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Exclamation Consistency

Originally Posted by cl.lurker
It can be.

It can also be awful at times. And that is my #1 pet peeve with UA: its inconsistency.

ANY airline with a decent seat/food/booze setup, and a consistent service would make a difference....

And this is my point. Any airline that can be consistently decent to good is the airline that I will patronize. I hope, and believe, Virgin America will be that Airline. After all, we all want to get the best service possible.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 3:55 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by retsef
I want to know what UA flights you've been flying!!!!!!!!
Me too! I have better luck on getting somewhat of a decent service on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.