Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Terminal move

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
the AS-LAX lounge can get busy at times, but with AA out of T6 it should be a lot quieter. When AA was pushing Eagle out of there + their 4 gates it got pretty bad - to the point the only open seat was in the mens bathroom :P
Old May 8, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by pcoll
As far as PP speculation, the current compromise is PP accepted with no guesting privileges ( with no sign out). If sign out, no PP.
With VX lounge gone, expect AS Lounge to be very full.
I'm not sure what that means. My PP Select membership includes unlimited free guests and my guests are normally family members with their own AS paid tickets.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I'm not sure what that means. My PP Select membership includes unlimited free guests and my guests are normally family members with their own AS paid tickets.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...d-1e2875ab7d06

ALASKA LOUNGE
Los Angeles CA - LAX Intl (Terminal 6)

Effective 01MAY17, this lounge will not accept accompanying guests.
It means you don't get to bring in guests with your membership.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It means you don't get to bring in guests with your membership.
Yup. The lounge operator ultimately sets the admission and guest policies.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First I've seen that. Not a big deal as I generally avoid AS/VX connections through LAX, and will have even less incentive now for family travel. Their loss, not mine.
Old May 13, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AS
LAX terminal changes have started. 15 airlines moving terminals. Largest airport move in history .
Please arrive early and expect some confusion.
VX will operate out of T-6 alongside AS.
The Loft officially closed.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:18 pm

Flew out of LAX this morning. Took about 5-10 minutes for the customer rep to get me checked in. First virgin America gold flier she let in. Was with my wife & child-- they do not get free access, but apparently I have a few existing lounge passes that I could use for my wife-- and my young child got in free.
Originally Posted by pcoll
LAX terminal changes have started. 15 airlines moving terminals. Largest airport move in history .
Please arrive early and expect some confusion.
VX will operate out of T-6 alongside AS.
The Loft officially closed.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The AS lounge at LAX is pretty pathetic. Spent less than a minute before my flight tonight despite having a couple hours. At least the Loft was fairly spacious and quiet. The AS lounge is very small
and crowded with not much of a reason to spend any time there. AMEX needs to open their Centurion lounge.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:44 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The Friday night/Saturday morning airline moves, which included VX, were executed as planned and completed 15 minutes earlier than scheduled.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The AS lounge at LAX is pretty pathetic. Spent less than a minute before my flight tonight despite having a couple hours. At least the Loft was fairly spacious and quiet. The AS lounge is very small
and crowded with not much of a reason to spend any time there. AMEX needs to open their Centurion lounge.
FWIW, the Alaska Lounge at T6 has more square footage than the old one at T3 did.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
I flew VX LAX-HNL yesterday (Sun, 5/14) in the morning. Everything was well organised and orderly. T6 looks pretty decent though very crowded airside and kinda small (there is just not enough space for that number of people).

There was no priority for First class pax at security screening at all. Luckily the line was short and TSA checking area modern and very well conditioned. I was through within 10 min and wait wasn't painful at all.

I didn't use AS lounge. I had just about 40 min and heard terrible reviews about that lounge, so decided not to waste my time. Instead I went to a T7 United Club. The relaxed walk took 4 min. UA club is the first thing you see entering T7, so it's very very convenient for departures from T6. The club was gorgeous. I was blown away. I didn't expect anything like that from UA. What surprised me it wasn't uncomfortably crowded (9.35 am to 10.10 am). Of course there were a lot of people there. Still I could easily choose a seat from dozens chairs/entire tables available in any area of the lounge. The terrace was completely empty. Overall the lounge was a way less crowded and a way more pleasant space than DL T5 SkyClub, for the matter of comparison.

If I were AS/VX frequent flyer I would definitely buy United Club membership.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I gather there was no hassle using the UC even though you were flying on VX?

I also have a UC membership but have never tried to use a UC when I was not flying *G. Alas this may be the best option if I have time to kill before an upcoming WN flight, though it is a bit of a trek from T1.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Boraxo, I don't have UA club membership. I used a One-Day pass. Everything went smooth with no question asked. An agent just scanned a day pass and my VX bp.

From my experience with DL SkyClub membership you shouldn't have any problems accessing a club flying other airlines or even on arrival. Basically it's enough to show just your membership card and bp is not required. I assume UA has the similar policies for club members.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:47 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I gather there was no hassle using the UC even though you were flying on VX?
They tightened it up last year to require same day boarding pass, but it can be on any airline:

"Effective August 18, 2016, all United Club customers, including members, are eligible to access United Club locations only when they have a flight arriving or departing on any airline the same day, and must show a boarding pass for entry."
Old May 15, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I also flew VX out of T6 yesterday for the first time. Terminal itself is great with a lot of strong food/beverage options. However, I found the AS lounge itself lacking.

The facility itself is in good shape (way better condition than the VX lounge) but it just felt so dated. I totally understand they have an existing look and feel but, as a VX flier, it feels really old. However, customer service was great, as they're known for.

While I dug the pancake machine, I found the general food menu lacking; table cards with laminated picture menus which made me feel like I was in a diner. Not exactly a great look when there are better food options outside the lounge. I can only hope this improves with time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.