Wiki Posts
Search

Email this morning from alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America
Email this morning from alaska

So, of course we should register and get the 100 bucks. However, is it a no brainer to transfer points nowon, considering they'll give 30% additional points?

Last edited by skron; Jan 11, 2017 at 11:20 am
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by skron
Here's the important stuff:
So, of course we should register and get the 100 bucks. However, is it a no brainer to transfer points nowon, considering they'll give 30% additional points?
Actually, it is a brainer, because 1 VX point does not equal 1.3 AS miles, depending on how you might redeem them.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:37 am

The point conversion is going to stay in place till Elevate program is completely dissolved so I am not going to do anything about it right now.

As for the email, I wonder if I should get $100 or 10000 points. I already have 4 gift cards that I bought using AmEx so I wonder if points might be good at this point
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Actually, it is a brainer, because 1 VX point does not equal 1.3 AS miles, depending on how you might redeem them.
ahh I see. I mistook that to say they would do their 1 to 1.whatever match, then give an extra 30%.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I got it too.

Are legacy Virgin America flights considered Alaska operated now? VX operates to LAS from DAL. and I am going to LAS later in the summer. Normally I would fly AA. But if I can get $100 of, I should consider VX again. especially if I can get a good fare in F. Could also use it to go back to DCA. Or Chicago.

Edit: Not Chicago. No service there from DAL. But they have LGA.

Last edited by jsmeeker; Jan 11, 2017 at 11:09 am
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
You should remove the link in your post. It populates with all of your personal information.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:11 am

I received the same e-mail. Any thoughts on which would be more valuable, the $100 credit or the 10,000 miles?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface
You should remove the link in your post. It populates with all of your personal information.
Thanks for the heads up.

Anybody have thoughts on which is more valuable the 10k or $100?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
If the $100 discount works on actual VX fights, then I will take that as it's more useful/valuable to me. Don't really have current plans/desire to visit Seattle or Portland (even if I have never been)
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:51 am
Original Poster

I tried making my account in Alaska. Says my account info is already in use. I'm pretty sure I've never had an account with them. Then when I try to have them email my info, they say my info is not associated with any account. Sweet!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

I tried making my account in Alaska. Says my account info is already in use. I'm pretty sure I've never had an account with them. Then when I try to have them email my info, they say my info is not associated with any account. Sweet!
Quoting myself here... Now I'm nervous because I was dumb and in my very first email here I sent out a link which gave out my info. Anybody have advice on how I can quickly figure this out? Their phone lines are 3+ hours delayed and email wait is 5-7 days.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:27 pm

Ominous - please don't tell us they're worse at the interwebs than VX.

(I know VX got a lot better over the past year or two, and kudos to them for that, but holy smokes their web/online tech was painfully weak for years. Not by US airline standards, mind you, but by this decade's standards...)
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by acitrano
Ominous - please don't tell us they're worse at the interwebs than VX.

(I know VX got a lot better over the past year or two, and kudos to them for that, but holy smokes their web/online tech was painfully weak for years. Not by US airline standards, mind you, but by this decade's standards...)
I finally got a hold of a customer service person, and told her the deal. She did something on her end, and then I could register no problem.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Don't be in such a rush to call AS. Its not something important that has to be done now. Northwest is hammered with rare extreme winter weather and a lot of stranded people so don't jam up the phone lines.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:14 pm

Quoting myself here... Now I'm nervous because I was dumb and in my very first email here I sent out a link which gave out my info. Anybody have advice on how I can quickly figure this out? Their phone lines are 3+ hours delayed and email wait is 5-7 days.
What's the hurry?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.