Thanks for the ViaSat Codes!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Thanks for the ViaSat Codes!

Now, to fly a plane with the service...

As a special thanks to our valued Gold Elevate members, please enjoy 3 free ViaSat session promo codes** to experience premium video and audio online streaming, plus special offers from our content partners on ViaSat. Make sure to save your codes offline so you'll have them ready to go if you're on a ViaSat equipped plane.

If you thought I'd paste the part of the message with the codes, you a fool
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
It would be good to know which planes have the ViaSat. I got the codes as well
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ptownca
+1 for that.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
I don't seem to have gotten that email.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
According to the VX website (not sure if this is up-to-date or not), it looks like it's only on 8-10 of the newest A320s, with Gogo on the remaining 50+ a/c in the fleet including all A319s...

We offer ViaSat satellite-based in-flight internet service on our newest delivery of A320 aircraft. You can find out if you are flying on a ViaSat-equipped aircraft by looking for the "Virgin America" WiFi network on your personal device and our in-flight teammates will notify you that you are on one of the newly equipped planes. Once connected, you can stream TV, movies, music, and more with WiFi access on your ViaSat-equipped flight.

The ViaSat service is the only in-flight technology that delivers a full internet connectivity experience – just like you have at home. The service provides internet speeds that are typically 8 to 10 times faster than any other in-flight technology, which means guests have the freedom to stream their favorite movies, TV shows and music; shop online; and surf the web faster on their own personal devices. The new system will enable premium streaming in-flight connectivity on 8 planes, and standard connectivity on 2 planes serving Virgin America’s new Hawaiian destinations later in 2016.
Old May 3, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I believe it should be on my HNL-SFO flight this Friday, and I have codes! If I can get our five month infant to relax, I'll do some speed tests and report back.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:04 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
I believe it should be on my HNL-SFO flight this Friday, and I have codes! If I can get our five month infant to relax, I'll do some speed tests and report back.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but WiFi is not yet available on the Hawaii flights at all So stock up on other entertainment as a precaution.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:24 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but WiFi is not yet available on the Hawaii flights at all So stock up on other entertainment as a precaution.
Geez that sucks. Funny coincidence too. Literally right as I got the FT e-mail that someone responded to this thread I got a note from VX telling me that there would be no WiFi or live TV on my upcoming flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.