Wiki Posts
Search

Where We Fly Map, gone? on VA.com?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Where We Fly Map, gone? on VA.com?

I really like being able to see the geography map on where Virgin America flies. However I can't find it anywhere anymore on the website. do you miss it or am I just not able find it?

cheers
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like they got rid of the map and replaced it with a list of cities with logos for each city. https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/airport-destinations
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

I need a visual! Haha I am a visual learner! I want to be able see all the ways, geographically I can fly to SEA from the east. Nor to mention my avgeek and map geek comes out and I spend hours on aviation maps!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
You can find a visual network map in the investor relations section of the website.

Sadly it's not animated like it used to be, but it still conveys the information. It's also slightly out of date, as it doesn't include the new DAL-AUS route.

http://ir.virginamerica.com/phoenix....736&p=irol-map
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:53 pm

I don't miss it. It was getting too cluttered.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bayhouse
You can find a visual network map in the investor relations section of the website.

Sadly it's not animated like it used to be, but it still conveys the information. It's also slightly out of date, as it doesn't include the new DAL-AUS route.

http://ir.virginamerica.com/phoenix....736&p=irol-map
Thanks!!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
I'd like to see an update route map on the main website. Simply listing destination cities on the main website is not adequate for trip planning purposes.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonywestsider
I'd like to see an update route map on the main website. Simply listing destination cities on the main website is not adequate for trip planning purposes.
I agree!! I will tweet them and find out if they will bring it back...unless someone else beats me to it.

To be continued...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:52 pm
Suspended

I don't really mind the list view, but I suppose when you're based out of SFO or LAX, they fly nonstop to nearly all of their destinations, and anything else is just a stop away. If I was based somewhere else, I'd definitely appreciate the value of a graphical map more.

If they bring it back, i hope they bring back the animated interactive one they used to have. It fit very well with their brand and conveyed the information efficiently. You basically clicked on an origin city and it visualized all of the direct routes. Then, like a second later, it showed the connecting possibilities.

Here's a GIF of it, circa Dec 2010.

http://goo.gl/eOlxop

Last edited by bayhouse; Mar 2, 2015 at 12:04 am
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Looks like they got rid of the map and replaced it with a list of cities with logos for each city. https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/airport-destinations
Maybe it's because I'm using an iOS device and get the mobile site, but at the top of the page with the cutesy tiles for cities, I get a link that takes me to the route map.

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/da...ap_02_2015.pdf
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
Maybe it's because I'm using an iOS device and get the mobile site, but at the top of the page with the cutesy tiles for cities, I get a link that takes me to the route map.

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/da...ap_02_2015.pdf
I can access that file on a desktop via their "where we fly" tab now.

Interesting... That was definitely not there a few days ago. Sounds like they added it back again -- including the most recent DAL-AUS route.

The timing makes me wonder: was someone at VX lurking on these boards?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:11 pm

Where we fly : Absolutely nowhere except SFO and LAX.

Save... what, two destinations?
DAL -> AUS?
JFK -> LAS?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Come on now. They fly from those cities too.

Edit: You also missed the two routes that go East from Dallas. And the Palm Springs route (admittedly, seasonal).

But I see why people who don't live in SF or LA are less enthusiastic about VX as I am.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Mar 2, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by grt2106
Where we fly : Absolutely nowhere except SFO and LAX.

Save... what, two destinations?
DAL -> AUS?
JFK -> LAS?
I seem to remember PSP, SAN, LAS, DAL, AUS, JFK, BOS, IAD, DCA, FLL, MCO, and more, that's way more than two.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bayhouse
I can access that file on a desktop via their "where we fly" tab now.

Interesting... That was definitely not there a few days ago. Sounds like they added it back again -- including the most recent DAL-AUS route.

The timing makes me wonder: was someone at VX lurking on these boards?
Haha! They probably were! I tweeted them too about it and here is their response:

"So sorry for the experience. Please send us a DM if we can assist"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.