Search

Mobile, OLCI and Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Mobile, OLCI and Upgrade

My next trip will be the first where I'll only have mobile access at T-24 and will want to upgrade to F if my MCS UG comes through.

Will the mobile site make the UG process obvious? Will it accidentally check me in before I know it and inhibit an upgrade? (Calling in will not be an option at T-24).

I welcome any insight as to this particular situation. I've never used the mobile site for check-in (under any circumstances).

Mahalo
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:51 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
One of the (few) benefits of the new website is that the experience is better on mobile devices than on traditional computers. I've never had a problem in the last few months upgrading via OLCI on my iPhone. Well, that's not quite true -- but the only trouble I have is when there's multiple segments and I attempt each one separatist (and therefore need to call).

But to address the heart of your question, there is no longer any disadvantage to mobile device use for upgrading and OLCI. Personally, I think the experience the experience is actually better on my iPhone, be as the website is less on obnoxious (as it's design is better suited for a small screen).
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you upgrade on the website, anyway? Is it an option while checking in?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
My next trip will be the first where I'll only have mobile access at T-24 and will want to upgrade to F if my MCS UG comes through.

Will the mobile site make the UG process obvious? Will it accidentally check me in before I know it and inhibit an upgrade? (Calling in will not be an option at T-24).

I welcome any insight as to this particular situation. I've never used the mobile site for check-in (under any circumstances).

Mahalo
I just completed a trip where I used the mobile website checkin for the entire trip. I was cleared for a free MCS upgrade for VX Silver at T-12 and then I further upgraded for $170 to F. This was for SFO-FLL. Well worth it. The mobile site makes it easy. The only thing I noticed is that with the MCS upgrades in the Exit Row you must go in and select a seat during checkin as you must agree to the T&C's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.