Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elevate Store - Issues receiving credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Elevate Store - Issues receiving credit

Admittedly I am probably one of the first to use this webstore portal.

My only issue thus far is, I purchased with my VX credit card, and did a store pick up of motor oil in Walmart.com

My pretax cost is $45. Yet my pending point credit is only 23 points. I would expect to receive either 45 points or 90 points if my purchase qualified under the categories for the 2x bonus they are running right now.

I also made a Target purchase on a gift card, and I got all my points posted (pending status) properly.

Anyone else have issues?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

just an update, I wrote to Elevate about this, and they were very quick to troubleshoot it. I got my full 2x points b/c now Automotive (excluding tires) counts as "Home" category through their Walmart link.

The store portal is still going through growing pains, but based on my experience it's worth the effort even with the errors. You just need to be diligent as well and follow up on lost award amounts.

IMO, this is the cheapest and easiest way to renew and get more elevate points.

B/c I use my VX credit card on the purchase, this $45 ($49 w/tax) purchase got me the equivalent of 7.3% cash back on my purchase (in airfare dollars), much better than most other credit card bonus cash back offers, and I bought something I needed, and at a cheap retailer. Icing on the cake is that, there's also a mail-in-rebate for this oil from the manufacture, which I didn't compute into this 7.3% figure, taking into account of my anticipated rebate credit, I would have gotten 13.3% cash back in airfare dollars for this!

Also, b/c this was my first purchase, I will also get a 500 point bonus.

Last edited by mdosu; Sep 8, 2014 at 12:55 pm
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:49 pm

I made a Groupon purchase that didn't post to pending within the "5 day window", and was able to submit a missing points request. Still nothing pending (nor confirmation of said request) on Day 7. I know this is a new portal, but is anyone having similar issues?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EricTheNerd
I made a Groupon purchase that didn't post to pending within the "5 day window", and was able to submit a missing points request. Still nothing pending (nor confirmation of said request) on Day 7. I know this is a new portal, but is anyone having similar issues?
When I contacted them about my issue, it took them 2 days to respond and 6 days to provide definite resolution.

Last edited by mdosu; Sep 16, 2014 at 1:54 pm
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by mdosu
When I contacted them about my issue, it took them 2 days to respond and 6 days to provide definitely resolution.
I received a response today that they are starting the enquiry. I'd be thrilled if it only took 6 days to provide a resolution.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

I received a response today that they are starting the enquiry. I'd be thrilled if it only took 6 days to provide a resolution.
VX is at the mercy of the merchant. My issue was with Walmart ecommerce, who are really fast with responses. That's why my issue was resolved in 6 days.

I've had issues before with Ebates and Sears.com (similar type shopping portal and merchant relationship) and that took them much longer to resolve a similar issue.

Funny story: I work in San Bruno, Virgin America offices are in Burlingame, and Walmart ecommerce is in San Bruno, next door to my office. All 3 parties are located in the same area. Thought that was interesting.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Please post if you received your 500 point bonus for the first purchase already. I'm still waiting for mine. I used the portal on day 3 of launch...
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Please post if you received your 500 point bonus for the first purchase already. I'm still waiting for mine. I used the portal on day 3 of launch...
Not me. ITunes purchase made on August 31 is still pending.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:45 am

Update: After opening the inquiry on the 15th, the points (including the 500 bonus points) posted on October 6th, so about a month in total between purchase and posting. I get the feeling there was manual intervention at more than one point in the journey.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The terms and conditions says points can take up to 120 days to post so don't expect a quick posting of points. Just about when you completely forget about it, sometimes the points magically appear.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

still nothing for me. All my points are still pending. No bonuses either. Did the bonus points appear in your pending bucket?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:17 pm

still nothing for me. All my points are still pending. No bonuses either. Did the bonus points appear in your pending bucket?
I don't believe my bonus points were ever in the pending bucket, they appeared alongside the original purchase points when the transaction moved from pending to approved
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
I don't believe my bonus points were ever in the pending bucket, they appeared alongside the original purchase points when the transaction moved from pending to approved
So far I've had the same experience, but without the final move to approval. I'm really hoping not having to burn 1000 AmEx MR points to keep my VX points live...
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The terms and conditions says points can take up to 120 days to post so don't expect a quick posting of points. Just about when you completely forget about it, sometimes the points magically appear.
The terms also state that a "pending" credit will be added within a few days of the purchase. I have no idea what this means, though.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:30 pm

Got mine today - the 3 points have posted to my V account but the 500 has not but at least it shows on the site.

Date Retailer Status Points
10/20/2014 Elevate Fly Store - First Purchase Bonus 500
08/27/2014 iTunes USA 3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.