New Safety Video

Whoa... what do you think? A bit much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyfiPIHsIg
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:34 am

I think i posted it first....lol.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
That was so cool! I am really like it lots.

Thanks for sharing the video.

I never seen that before. It's incredible music!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Ok... I had to watch it again so I can give a proper review... man it's overwhelming. I can't figure out when they were just singing and when they were giving out safety instructions.

Most people don't listen to safety instructions anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter. Personally, I preferred the original calm and soothing video. But I guess they are going for something different.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:20 pm

That is way too long and frankly, annoying.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Yeah, way over the top. They should study NZ's videos, which are memorable without trying too hard.

The one good thing I will say is that it explicitly shows that e-cigarettes are verboten.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:38 pm

I would be annoyed by this on a 6am flight. Much rather have the current safety video ^.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
I agree I think its a bit harsh and long. They could have taken the same concept and made it more "efficient." Now I get to hear this 4+ times a month and THEN another 5 minutes of commercials.

VX, if you are reading this, don't take it the wrong way. I actually like it! I just don't want 5 minutes of it playing in my face every time I fly (which is pretty often).

Last edited by SoCalZman; Oct 29, 2013 at 8:47 pm
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
Between this thread and the other it sounds like this video is a bit much. I agree. It's too long, and will get on my nerves hearing it twice a week. There's way too much robot for sure!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:00 pm

My first impression was that it was a bit on the long side, including unnecessary verses and difficult to understand lyrics. But on replays it sort of get stuck in. I can see how this video can become annoying for the frequent traveller, and VX seem to understand this as they're saying there will be another version coming along. Whether it's the same music/lyrics not sure.

This can become viral online and is a nice tune.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:04 pm

I applaud them for the creativity, but good god that is too long. After 2 minutes I was ready for it to end. I dread having to sit through that over and over.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by nicnac16
I applaud them for the creativity, but good god that is too long. After 2 minutes I was ready for it to end. I dread having to sit through that over and over.
And if we're going to get sick of it - image the In Flight Team's reaction!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
And if we're going to get sick of it - image the In Flight Team's reaction!
And I just had a thought. How is the flight attendant going to act this out for the passengers in first class?? haha.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
And I just had a thought. How is the flight attendant going to act this out for the passengers in first class?? haha.

Which is why I'll start bidding the #3 position (aft galley). As much as I love this video (!!!!), I wouldn't even know where to begin with doing the demo. I do a very dry, straightforward demo which would look really awkward with all of this music. And I'm certainly not going to be performing lol But we have a lot of teammates who will have fun doing this demo =)
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Very nice video, but yea, I agree, keep it Soutwest style (they do their demo without a video in 2 mins or less).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.