Wiki Posts
Search

Transfering out of Elevate: Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: The Golden status boy
Transfering out of Elevate: Possible?

Sorry if this has been covered before, which I’m sure that it has, but nothing came up on my search…

I got the Virgin Barclays card a little while back because I was going to do a PCH trip with the Mrs. flying into SFO and out of LAX. We decided to nix that trip in favor of going to Hawaii instead. So, I really don’t need my Elevate points. Since my home airport is DFW, and using the miles on Virgin Atlantic would be too costly, I really don’t need them as I’m limited to where I could travel. I have plenty of miles on AA, so Hawaiian Airlines doesn't interest me.

Are there any good hotel point conversions out there for my Elevate miles? I know that I can do an exchange for other airlines with a ridiculous devaluation on Points.com, but they don’t have a straight conversion with hotels that I would use. (Hyatt, Marriott, maybe Hilton, etc.) I know about the conversion tool on Webflyer, but a lot of that info is horribly out of date. Plus, they don’t have a conversion for Elevate miles, only VX Atlantic. I’m hoping that this isn’t an indicator that I’m stuck with Points.com, but it is what it is.

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Nope, it's VX or points.com mostly bust. That being said, a redemption with SQ might not be the worst thing you could do with your points...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.