Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Urgent US Passport Renewal Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:49 am
aap
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
Urgent US Passport Renewal Advice

Hi all - my passport expired in the last year and I have an urgent work related trip that came up. My flights and hotels are booked departing from the US on June 11th. I tried calling the Passport Appointment hotline this morning at 5:00am pacific. I am based in Los Angeles, and the ONLY appointment they can find after much going back-and-forth was Honolulu on June 9th. I grabbed this appointment in the meantime.

Any suggestions on what to do? Obviously, would prefer an in-person appointment in either Los Angeles or San Diego worst case. Do either of these agencies permit walk-in service? Otherwise, could I pay a 3rd party service to sort this out?

Last edited by aap; Jun 2, 2022 at 6:55 am
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by aap
Hi all - my passport expired in the last year and I have an urgent work related trip that came up. My flights and hotels are booked departing from the US on June 11th. I tried calling the Passport Appointment hotline this morning at 5:00am pacific. I am based in Los Angeles, and the ONLY appointment they can find after much going back-and-forth was Honolulu on June 9th. I grabbed this appointment in the meantime.

Any suggestions on what to do? Obviously, would prefer an in-person appointment in either Los Angeles or San Diego worst case. Do either of these agencies permit walk-in service? Otherwise, could I pay a 3rd party service to sort this out?
As far as I know, all passport offices allow walk-ins but you need to get there very early to get on line and it’s first come, first serve.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:20 pm
aap
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
Found on Reddit a post that mentioned contacting your Congress representative for help. I called the local congresswoman's office and they directed me to a website where I filled out an online form to request support with a government agency. Within 24 hours, they responded and secured me an in-person appointment that was 2 days prior to travel at my local passport office. Truly amazing!
kevino likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:25 am
aap
Original Poster

Quick update - through my congresswoman's office, I was able to successfully get an early morning appointment at the Passport Agency 2 days prior to International travel. Once at the Passport Agency, the passport agency employee reviewed my application and processed my payment. He told me to come back tomorrow to pickup my passport as they had prioritized people flying out that day. This would have been a huge hassle to drive back up the following the day.

Just by chance, I had a domestic business trip later that day and I would not be able to return the following day in time to pickup my passport before the agency closed due to this short business trip. I showed proof of the trip to the passport agency employee and they requested that I email them the itinerary. I was then permitted to pickup my passport same day after 1:30pm.
Craig6z and kevino like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.