Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

ESTA for new British Citizen - should I keep using my EU passport instead?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

I will be applying for an ESTA for a trip in July. I always used my Italian passport to travel to the US in the past. I've come a British citizen since my last trip to the US. I was wondering... should I keep using my using Italian passport going forward?

At some point I might decide to apply for Global Entry (with my UK passport) but it seems that the BOS location will be closed at the time of my scheduled arrival.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
ESTA issues are generally discussed in the following thread in the USA forum:TWA884
Travel Safety/SEcurity co-moderator
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ringingup
I will be applying for an ESTA for a trip in July. I always used my Italian passport to travel to the US in the past. I've come a British citizen since my last trip to the US. I was wondering... should I keep using my using Italian passport going forward?

At some point I might decide to apply for Global Entry (with my UK passport) but it seems that the BOS location will be closed at the time of my scheduled arrival.
I have citizenship from two EU countries and before I moved to the US I got an ESTA to whichever passport was valid longer. Never was an issue for me but YMMV.
ringingup likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.