Search

Travelling to USA with visa in 2nd passport question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club
Travelling to USA with visa in 2nd passport question

Hello,

I am due to travel to the US soon on a new UK passport. I hold a second UK passport, issued due to my travelling frequently for work. This 2nd passport has a US A2 visa in it.

When I am filling my APIS in for my new passport, the question asks if I hold a US visa - do I answer 'no' as my visa is in my 2nd passport, or yes? If Yes, should I bring both passports with me when travelling? I intend to enter on an ESTA for leisure purposes, and not work.

thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:55 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

ESTA and US visa questions are generally discussed in the USA forum. Please follow this thread as it moves there for possible consolidation.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
You need to answer YES when the system of the airline asks if you have a US visa. Enter the visa details in the old passport over there. You would need your valid passport and the passport which has the USA visa with you when traveling. If both of your passports are valid, you could simply take the passport with your USA visa, leaving the new one at home.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You need to answer YES when the system of the airline asks if you have a US visa. Enter the visa details in the old passport over there. You would need your valid passport and the passport which has the USA visa with you when traveling. If both of your passports are valid, you could simply take the passport with your USA visa, leaving the new one at home.
Thanks - I need to get a new ESTA, and ideally don't really want to use it in a passport that expires soon. The visa is not in an old passport, but a second different passport, but looks like I'll need to travel with both. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.