Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

EU citizen - U.S. visa after visiting Iran. Experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU citizen - U.S. visa after visiting Iran. Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
EU citizenship exists, as do EU citizens.
No. They don't. EU 'citizenship' is nothing more than a political gesture rather than the serious offering of nationality to a person.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by toph3r
No. They don't. EU 'citizenship' is nothing more than a political gesture rather than the serious offering of nationality to a person.
EU citizenship exists and does come with rights of its own that are not all the same as those granted to citizens of a given EU member state by said EU member state to its own citizens. International treaties/agreements (multilateral and bilateral), laws, other legal agreements, regulations and even court rulings have shown that EU citizenship is a serious offering of citizenship to a person, even as such citizenship is only available to those who also hold citizenship of an EU member state.

Citizenship of every country is "a political gesture" and it's a serious offering of citizenship in the case of EU citizens. EU citizens exist, and not every national of an EU member state is an EU citizen -- much akin to how not all US nationals are US citizens.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:58 am

I applied for a 10 year B-1/B-2 visa after visiting Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Syria and Sudan (all which made me ineligible for ESTA).

Entered the US three times over 2 weeks and had no issues whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.