Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:18 am
Suspended

At midnight CDT tonight, we’ll begin the process of moving our Dividend Miles customers into the AAdvantage program, as well as making all related systems updates. While the entire process of combining accounts will take a few days, the majority of changes will be completed by Saturday afternoon, 28MAR15.

...during SFFP cutover, Ventana, the system that houses AAdvantage miles, will be unavailable between 2400CT until approximately 0400CT on Saturday 28MAR15. The following AAdvantage functionality may return an error (sample error responses include; Unable to verify balance mileage may not be current...

...Shortly after Ventana has completed their migration, AACoRN will release a new version which will include the:

Updates made to the 500-mile upgrade product

Ability to upgrade US marketed and operated flights using mileage/systemwide upgrades

Option to input a DM number to locate the corresponding AAdvantage number
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I completely forgot to take screen shot of my family's accounts and woke up in the wee hours of the east coast morning jet lagged and ready.

Of the 4 accounts I just looked at 3 are in tact, and documented, but mine is zeroed. AA is still not able to be logged into so, with luck, everything will be copacetic shortly.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Checked in just now at LHR for US729, and the US BP now says "Executive Platinum". The agent at T3 Premier Checkin said that it was the first he had seen that. Eastbound a few days ago, it said Chairman.

In other news, it's a great day to VDB out of LHR and most of Europe due to the spring holidays. Everything's basically sold out in all classes westbound on just about every flight.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by Arsey00
Would Golds and Plats not get a balance of 500 milers based on the miles they flew to qualify? I thought I read that they would but could be mistaken.
From the AA.com website: "We know 500-mile upgrades are new for Dividend Miles Preferred members. So we'll add four 500-mile upgrades for every 10,000 Preferred qualifying miles earned from March 1, 2014 (or the date you qualified for Preferred status) through February 28, 2015 (maximum of 24). You can use these upgrades on flights over 500 miles or to upgrade a travel companion."
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Logged in just now and saw that AA.com now has fields for AA#/US#, last name, and password. Was able to log into my DM account, saw that my mileage was transferred over and this past month's activity, as well as lifetime miles.

I didn't match my accounts, so now I have duplicate AA accounts.

AA.com also has a new interface to display account information. Gone is the late 1990's look ^
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AwardBee
Logged in just now and saw that AA.com now has fields for AA#/US#, last name, and password. Was able to log into my DM account, saw that my mileage was transferred over and this past month's activity, as well as lifetime miles.

I didn't match my accounts, so now I have duplicate AA accounts.

AA.com also has a new interface to display account information. Gone is the late 1990's look ^
I'm able to access my AA account signing in with either my US or AA number but sadly my US miles seem to have vanished at this point.

EDIT: how I overlooked this is unknown but I was recently debited twice for an award putting me into a neg balance. Interesting.

Last edited by dsquared37; Mar 28, 2015 at 6:44 am
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm able to access my AA account signing in with either my US or AA number but sadly my US miles seem to have vanished at this point.

EDIT: how I overlooked this is unknown but I was recently debited twice for an award putting me into a neg balance. Interesting.
I wouldn't worry about it.. Once the systems merger has been completed, it come back. I checked mine and it is still there for me.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, HawaiianMiles
I am now able to login to my new AAdvantage account and luckily all my miles are there. However, I don't see any of my US Airways reservations. I do see them on the US Airways site. Should I be able to see them on both?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevindavis338
I wouldn't worry about it.. Once the systems merger has been completed, it come back. I checked mine and it is still there for me.
I was double assessed for an award 10 days ago and I'm not sure this will be corrected on it's own. But at least I know what the problem is now and it's unrelated to the migration.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Plat
I'm sure there will be glitches that need sorting, but so far I'm pleased with the communications before and during the transfer. AA seems to be doing a good job of setting short term expectations about the multi-day unavailability of certain features and information. In particular, I appreciate that there's a banner at the top of my AA account letting me know that my migration remains in progress so that I don't get worried when I see that it has been completed for other FTers.

All very simple things, but they do make a difference.

I also like the refresh of the AAdvantage Account pages to align with the rest of the website's motif. Interesting that there's a BeNotified tab now. Not sure if that was only just today imported from US, but I believe it used to be called Notification Center.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
just logged into my USDM account and it's now asking for my AA#/US#/username and my last name. Looking at my profile it only has my AA miles balance and missing my 500k+ US miles, not teribly concerned right now. But all of my upcoming flights are gone along with my flight I'm trying to check into for this afternoon...

My AA account says I have 8 SWUs valid through Feb 2017...So a year longer than CP certs, unless this is an error...

Go Gators
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:17 am

Well I checked my US Airways account and I had to use my AAdvantage account number to log in. Also as right now it is showing my AAdvantage balance. I'm not worried since my account has been and my matched my US Airways Mileage will be added later on.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by tucsnaz
As an EXP you only get the SWUs. Only GLD & PLT earn 500-mile stickers.
ALL DM elites can have earned "stickers" show up in their accounts, including CP.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by johnr863
I am now able to login to my new AAdvantage account and luckily all my miles are there. However, I don't see any of my US Airways reservations. I do see them on the US Airways site. Should I be able to see them on both?
Good question. Both airlines will retain separate booking systems (SHARES and Sabre) until the fourth quarter. I wonder if both AA and US interfaces will draw from both sources? Will they use only thevAA.com interface once the migration is complete? Might be mentioned elsewhere, and the beauty of FT is that, If so, another member will post.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Good question. Both airlines will retain separate booking systems (SHARES and Sabre) until the fourth quarter. I wonder if both AA and US interfaces will draw from both sources? Will they use only thevAA.com interface once the migration is complete? Might be mentioned elsewhere, and the beauty of FT is that, If so, another member will post.
My AA.com account has been showing my US Airways flights since early this morning. When I click on them it links directly to the reservation on usairways.com. I didn't book any of them on usairways.com (Orbitz). I wonder if that makes the difference as to why I see mine and others don't?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.