Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
American to merge frequent flier programs on Saturday

I can't log into either site, with either sets of credentials. Before I lock myself out, I'm just going to wait it out. Luckily I don't have any flights coming up in the next couple of days.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
On the lock-out thing, I don't know if this will apply to anyone else, but we are (were) a family that only flew US and/or credited everything to US. For my wife and me, I had created AA accounts prior to the merger. This am I could get into mine but was risking the lock-out thing on hers. I finally realized that I had created a different password for her AA account and the merger seems to have privileged the AA account password. (I had the same one for US and AA, so I wasn't having the same issue.) Once I started using the AA password for her, even on the US site, I was able to get in ....

For a son, who did not have an AA account, the old US password seems to have been transferred to his new AA account.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by johnr863
My miles are combined but all my reservations are gone!
Your reservations aren't gone.

Access them through the AA site, which will link back to US. They show your AA number but you can't just get them direct through the US site (yet, hopefully that functionality is planned).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
My wife and I, both USDM only, have been moved to new AA accounts. Our miles, PQM's and status are fine. Our passwords moved, as did our profiles including KTN's. Still waiting for the 500 mile upgrades. Our future trips do not show up front, but we can see them by entering the PNR's. Looks like it is still a work in progress, but so far, so good. By past standards, this has been a pretty good transition.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
American to merge frequent flier programs on Saturday

Just an update on mixed itineraries: stool only upgradable with the original metal code only. Even though US's website showed AA's logo even I bought the tickets, it still coded as a code share with a US number. After looking at both sites, it's not very clear as AA and US have assigned their flight numbers.

So as of right now, codeshares between the two can't be upgraded with miles despite the ability to do so with mixed itineraries with natively coded flights.

No dice using Avios either.

This is annoying as AA and BA codeshares can be upgraded AA miles, but US is still the redheaded step child.

Now this is subject to change, but at the moment, this is how it stands.

My mistake was not using expedia or something similar to book the tickets. it probably would have worked out better.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
We seem to have transitioned without any issues. We were primarily AA frequent flyers with miles and advanced status but had US accounts with no current miles or frequent flyer status. We do have a trip to Europe we booked through AA but it is a mixed US/AA series of flights so the record was already available on both sites via separate booking numbers. Interestingly it wasn't, and still isn't, totally merged. To view or move seats on a flight we still have to be signed in to AA for AA segments and vice versa.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Your reservations aren't gone.

Access them through the AA site, which will link back to US. They show your AA number but you can't just get them direct through the US site (yet, hopefully that functionality is planned).
I assume this is only for flights booked with AA FF#, right? I can see AA flights booked with AA FF#; but I still do not see (on either site) AA flights booked with US DM#, nor US flights booked with US DM#.

I would think reservations are the last thing that gets updated, after everyone's accounts are migrated. And of course, they are still accessible by PNR on the respective site.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
I was just able to access my account on AA, but not on US. My passwords were different, but even using my AA password on US wasn't working. I reset my password via the link on US (which took me to AA), and now can access both accounts.

They both now say Exec Plat, with the correct # of miles, and I can see my 8 SWUs. From my account on AA, I can very clearly see what was transferred over from US. The only thing missing are my upcoming flights.

This seems in line with what others are reporting. So far, so good in my book. This could have been a complete disaster, and seems pretty seamless to me.

Last edited by hginPHL; Mar 29, 2015 at 9:24 am Reason: *
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flightrisk
I assume this is only for flights booked with AA FF#, right? I can see AA flights booked with AA FF#; but I still do not see (on either site) AA flights booked with US DM#, nor US flights booked with US DM#.

I would think reservations are the last thing that gets updated, after everyone's accounts are migrated. And of course, they are still accessible by PNR on the respective site.
I have three flights booked with my USDM # and they are all showing up on AA.com under My Reservations and on the AA app.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by flightrisk

Yesterday, prior to the site/sign-in issues on AA.com, I noticed that my US reservation was showing in My Trips on AA.com. 30 minutes ago, that reservation was not showing (though my AA reservations were still showing). Now the US reservation is showing again on AA.com.

The merge is still a work in progress. Expect oddness and blips until it is complete.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by CO777
I have three flights booked with my USDM # and they are all showing up on AA.com under My Reservations and on the AA app.
Same here. I haven't booked a trip with my AA# since Dec 2013. My 5 upcoming trips (and a few zombie PNRs that never self-deleted for various reasons) are accessible from the AA site.

Still no stickers, but since I don't have any AA trips booked I don't care about their promptness with those.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:38 am

After checking again my points from US Airways and American has been combined.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:08 pm

Possibles workaround (for now)

Coming from the US side, no prior AA account. Miles and reservations appeared on the aa.com account but couldn't acceess my reservations at first. I have paid, award, US metal, AA metal, and all the combinations thereof. On aa.com, I could not retrieve my reservations using AA PNR, but I finally was able to see them by... wait for it... entering US PNR!!

I hope it's a temporary glitch.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
My account (newly AA ExPlat, was US CP with no AA account) was unavailable most of yesterday and this morning.

Now it's available with everything except Million Miler status and SWU's (showing 0, should be 8).

Separately, I'd mistakenly ticketed the US segments of DCA-PHL-MAD-RAK-MAD-PHL-DCA as AA coded, shutting my out of the CP upgrade system and (as it turns out) the SWU game for those flights. However, there were schedule changes on DCA-PHL and PHL-DCA, so I reticketed today as DCA-MIA-MAD-RAK-DFW-DCA, with the pertinent four segments as AA-coded and AA-operated. More miles, longer overnight segment, upgrade eligibility, and better departure/arrival times for me! The things we think of when we don't have miles and SWU's to spend...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
No issues here. I can log into AA and US and all my miles and lifetime miles transferred over ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.